View Full Version : 2215 ROM Update vs. Hard Reset

Mobile_Bear
05-07-2004, 04:48 PM
As it turns out, Peep (my Ipaq 2215), couldn't sync anymore.
In addition to the USB cradle, I also sync via Bluetooth (D-Link). This configuration worked great for some time until now.

As soon as the connection is done and Activesync looks for changes, the message: "Synchronization cannot be completed sucesfully. Disconnect and try again."
This happens regardless I use Bluetooth or the cradle.

Since I can transfer files through BT, and actually connect but not Sync, I suspect Activesync is the problem. I re-installed (AS 3.7.1), downgrade (AS 3.7), upgrade again (AS 3.7.1). Still with the same problem. Soft resets, rebooting and uninstalling AS in every step.

I am willing to bite the bullet and do the Hard reset and start all over (it is the only alternative I think may work). I was not planning on ROM upgrade ("not broken, why fix it" approach), but I wonder if an upgrade could actually solve the problem.

Any suggestions? Should I just Hard reset? Should I think on ROM upgrade?

Steven Cedrone
05-07-2004, 04:54 PM
If you do the ROM update you will be Hard Resetting your device anyway.

Steve

Mobile_Bear
05-07-2004, 05:18 PM
If you do the ROM update you will be Hard Resetting your device anyway.

Steve

Probably what I am asking is if the Hard reset is the solution that I am looking for, I am running out of ideas, upgrading at the same time is just asking for trouble?

Steven Cedrone
05-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Hmmm...

Well, if it were me I would Hard Reset without doing the ROM upgrade. I don't really see the need (for me) to do the ROM upgrade. Also, you can do a backup before you Hard Reset and if the problem is still there you can restore the device. You won't be able to do that once you do the ROM upgrade.

Steve

Mobile_Bear
05-07-2004, 06:35 PM
I did the Hard reset without the update... Worked fine.

Thanks Steven!... Love the beanie

Kacey Green
05-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Once again the day is saved, thanks to geeks with beanies! :lol:
(not meant as an insult)

Ripper014
05-07-2004, 10:58 PM
Good choice... with a WM2003SE update coming shortly, it does not make sense to gamble on the possiblity of a bad rom upgrade.