View Full Version : Best way of backing up photographs on CF card to SD card on the iPAQ 2210?

Martin I Pettinger
05-06-2004, 10:30 AM
-
Hi

I want to use my iPAQ 2210 as a storage device to transfer photos from my digital camera's CF card to a MMC card or SD card in the other slot. What is the most efficient way of doing this. Is there a neat quick way of doing this. Similarly I may wish to transfer files from the SD card to a blank CF card.

Martin
-

Kacey Green
05-06-2004, 12:13 PM
you can use resco explorer, or the built-in fle manager, just make sure to select mulitiple items, you can press the top item, then press shift and click the last item, or you can press control and select the items you want

copying large amounts of data between the two slots on a 2200 can take a while, resco will give you a progress bar, the interanal file manager will either go unresponcive 'till the operation is finished, or it will show the wait pinwheel

KenClunk
05-06-2004, 05:23 PM
I found this tip on another site:

Here's a tip for you; open the virtual keyboard and tap on Control before you start picking files, that way you can just move the ones you want instead of the entire folder or moving them one by one by one. So you would tap on Control, highlight a few files, then either use the keyboard shortcut method, Control C to Copy - Control X to Cut and Control V to Paste or use the edit menu. It would go something like this...

Take the SD card out of the camera and put it in the slot
open file explorer and navigate to My Device > SD Card > then the folder where your images are stored
Select some files to move
Tap on the folder name where you got the images from to go back to My Device
Choose CF Card
Paste the files into the folder on the CF card you created for this purpose

It's simple but time consuming.

The I found this: PIXFER (http://www.glasslantern.com/products/Pixfer/index.htm)

It is perfect for tranfering files between CF/SD/and Main Memory!!!

Jeff Rutledge
05-06-2004, 07:08 PM
You may want to check out SPB Imageer. It also optimizes the pics for mobile viewing (if you like).

Martin I Pettinger
05-06-2004, 10:44 PM
-
KenClunk

Thanks for the link to PIXFER - interesting option.

Cheers

Martin
-

Don Tolson
05-06-2004, 10:53 PM
In many cases (like my Kodak cameras), the CF card is formatted on the camera in 'already readable form' for PCs, Pocket PC, etc.

For me, I just take the CF card out of the camera, plunk into the Pocket PC and use a straight copy/move to get the pictures onto the SD card.