View Full Version : battery draining?

Lodi_27
05-05-2004, 09:14 PM
I have an h2215, recently I've been experiementing with blue tooth connectivity, now my battery is draining even when turned off. I think it's trying to connect even when the unit is turned off, any ideas what might be going on, or how I might stop it from happening in the future?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kacey Green
05-05-2004, 11:28 PM
don't forget to turn blutooth off when you are finished
sometimes after a sync I'll even give Rex a soft-reset

don't forget to call hp support

if they tell you to ship it to them wait a day or two to see what the other posters suggest

Lodi_27
05-06-2004, 03:42 AM
thanks for the imput, I've tried soft reset, and i've made sure bluetooth is turned off. I'm not sure, but I think it may be something to do with activesynch??? I dunno.

Kowalski
05-06-2004, 01:18 PM
there is an option which says "maintain connection when finished" below the syncronisation tab.
if this option is checked, BT will continue to signal even when active stink finishes
you should remove the check so you can save some power

Kacey Green
05-06-2004, 02:21 PM
there is an option which says "maintain connection when finished" below the syncronisation tab.
if this option is checked, BT will continue to signal even when active stink finishes
you should remove the check so you can save some power

would this help my problem where Avantgo disconnects my BT connection, or if I wait too long between page loads when using A.S. passthrough conncection?

Kowalski
05-06-2004, 10:03 PM
this applies to active stink only.

Don Tolson
05-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Do you have an SD card in the iPAQ? There is a patch from HP to reduce the power consumption of SD cards when the unit is turned off.
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/download/20674.html