View Full Version : How Many Today Screen Themes Do You Have On Your Device?

piperpilot
05-04-2004, 08:55 PM
I was playing around with different Today themes on my iPAQ this afternoon (during a boring staff meeting, of course :wink: ) and I got to wondering, how many Today screen themes do you keep loaded on your device? I generally try to keep them to a minimum (1 or 2) because they eat up memory, but right now I have 12 in addition to the ROM-based themes.

arnage2
05-04-2004, 09:08 PM
i had 15 vga themes on my e805.

Jacob
05-04-2004, 09:12 PM
I have 20+, but I really need to delete some. There are some that I just never ever use.

Jeff Rutledge
05-04-2004, 09:29 PM
I have 300+. I use ThemeMaster (http://www.theraggios.com/rpa)to rotate them automatically every hour.

ctmagnus
05-04-2004, 09:52 PM
I have 300+. I use ThemeMaster (http://www.theraggios.com/rpa)to rotate them automatically every hour.

8O

I have exactly two. One from McDeb for work and an Avril Lavigne/Juno Awards one I downloaded from somewhere and tweaked to my liking, for everything else. Although lately when I get some work, I've been switching from the Avril theme to the default Bliss theme instead of the McDeb one.

Jeff Rutledge
05-04-2004, 10:15 PM

8O

Yeah, I bore easily. In the words of Mayor Quimby: I'm a "fickle mushhead!" 8)

yvilla
05-05-2004, 12:02 AM
I admit to several hundreds as well. There's plenty of room on a one gig CF card, so I indulge myself. :lol:

pootp
05-05-2004, 05:27 AM
I have two, both of which are the defaults that came with my pda. I haven't figured out how to add more yet.

Zack Mahdavi
05-05-2004, 06:06 AM
I have two, both of which are the defaults that came with my pda.

I'm the same... I guess I don't mind the themes that come with my Pocket PC.

Does anyone have any "favorite" themes? I'd like to try out a few..

Kacey Green
05-05-2004, 10:38 AM
I voted 15-20 but I don't use any of them they are just sitting in my iPAQ filestore. I should proably delete them, but whenever SE comes out it will format the RAM/ROM anyway. I am currently using the default theme for rom 1.10 it has the blue background the windows logo on it.

Ryan Joseph
05-05-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm sure you guys know about this already, but just in case...

You all might want to check out www.pocketpcthemes.com. I get all of my themes there and they've got just about every kind you can imagine. And since you directly download the .tsk file and not a ZIP, you can even download them using Pocket IE. 8O

(and no, I'm not affiliated with them...I just love the site!)

Kowalski
05-05-2004, 02:15 PM
there is this chinese idiom:
if it is not necessery to change, it is necessery not to change

i use only one theme for about half year

piperpilot
05-05-2004, 02:19 PM
i use only one theme for about half year

I'm pretty much the same way. I change themes every few months or so and I generally select from among the same group of themes that I've had residing on my PC for the past couple of years. I have a very full Today screen so anything other than subtle abstract patterns makes it hard to view the screen.

yvilla
05-05-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty much the same way. I change themes every few months or so and I generally select from among the same group of themes that I've had residing on my PC for the past couple of years. I have a very full Today screen so anything other than subtle abstract patterns makes it hard to view the screen.

Shows just how uniquely personal and idiosyncratic our choices concerning PPCs and their configurations are! For example, I eschew using any of the many available Today screen plugins, precisely because I dislike the busy look, and prefer to start off with the visual effect of one of many beautiful Today screen themes. If I want access to any of the kinds of info the plugins provide, well its either on my startbar, taskbar or just a tap or button press away. Vive la difference!

Stephen Beesley
05-05-2004, 03:58 PM
I probably have a couple of hundred today themes stored away on my Desktop and maybe 12-20 sitting on my Storage Card. But when it comes down to it I tend to only use two or three favourites (Particulary som of Juni's (http://www.kolumbus.fi/anders.ruohio/skinz.html) excellent work) and can go days without changing the theme.

In the past I have played around with pretty much all the flash based animated today theme programmes as well but in the end I tend to go back to a fairly simple look.

piperpilot
05-05-2004, 04:05 PM
I eschew using any of the many available Today screen plugins, precisely because I dislike the busy look, and prefer to start off with the visual effect of one of many beautiful Today screen themes. If I want access to any of the kinds of info the plugins provide, well its either on my startbar, taskbar or just a tap or button press away.

You're right. We have completely different philosophies on this point. I am all about efficiency. I want it all on the Today screen so that I am but one tap away from anything. Two taps to me is simply one tap too many :wink:

JustinGTP
05-06-2004, 12:29 AM
I have over 40, most of which I make myself. I have the Calgary Flames logo on there now because we beat Detriot from the Playoffs - BoohYA!