View Full Version : HP2215 and Cingular V600 - Bluetooth/Internet settings

mbranscum
05-03-2004, 03:13 AM
Can someone that has Cingular service perhaps walk me through the settings to get my V600 phone to work as an internet modem? All I want to do is be able to use my browser on the 2215 to surf the net. When I try to log on, I get either an error or that the phone has disconnected from the internet. I have Unlimited MEdia and I can log on to the net from the phone OK. I can also make a Bluetooth connection between the 2215 and the V600 to share files OK. I just need help with the exact dialup settings.

Thanks for any help! :)

Zack Mahdavi
05-03-2004, 03:25 AM
This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but it shows you the settings you need for Cingular. Last week, I set up my boss's Powerbook with these settings to connect to Cingular through the Unlimited wireless MEdia plan.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=351007&highlight=%2Bbluetooth+%2Bpowerbook

Also, note that it says you need to dial "*99***4#". I only needed to use "*99#".

Hope this helps.. Let me know if you have any specific Pocket PC questions regarding configuring dial up bluetooth.