View Full Version : Ipaq 5455 and ministumbler

tospappy
05-02-2004, 04:07 AM
I have been using PocketWinc for wardriving with my 5455, but always wished I could use ministumber so I could use it in conjunction with my GPS to record the locations. Well, the new version 4.0 of MS seems to be working fine on my 5455. I still like the user interface of PocketWinc and the ability to connect as well as other info, but being able to record the coordinates as I drive around makes returning to hotspots easy. Has anyone else tried the new version of MS on the Ipaqs with built in WiFi.

ctmagnus
05-02-2004, 05:42 AM
afaik, the new version does work with the 5400 iPaqs.

But be forewarned that unless the access points are marked as public or you own them (not in the hacker sense) then connecting to them is, for all intents and purposes, illegal.

tospappy
05-03-2004, 06:20 AM
It appears to be working. Have you tried it and found it not to work?
[/i]

Ripper014
05-03-2004, 06:53 AM
I don't believe that you will be able to get MiniStumbler working with your Hp 5400 however you should be able to use WifiFoFum... you can find it here.

http://www.wififofum.org/

tospappy
05-03-2004, 07:45 AM
As I have stated, version 4 is working on my 5455 and works with my GPS to report the coordinates. My question was "has anyone tried it on the other Ipaqs with built in WiFi.

Also, if using open APs to access the internet or download one's email is illegal, can someone direct me to the statute or law that states that it is illegal? I have look, but can not find any reference to such a law or court case.

Thanks

ctmagnus
05-04-2004, 03:14 AM
As I have stated, version 4 is working on my 5455 and works with my GPS to report the coordinates. My question was "has anyone tried it on the other Ipaqs with built in WiFi.

I know for sure that it doesn't work on the 5550's. More info on other devices can be found here (http://forums.netstumbler.com/showthread.php?t=10414).

Also, if using open APs to access the internet or download one's email is illegal, can someone direct me to the statute or law that states that it is illegal? I have look, but can not find any reference to such a law or court case.

Theft of service. Same as stealing cable TV.