View Full Version : Is PocketPCThoughts blocking certain IP?

lanwarrior
04-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Per the subject, is this true?

The reason I am asking is because, as of Wednesday of this week suddenly I am unable to access PocketPCThoughts.com from my home DSL. I kept on getting page not found.

I tested it using 3 different computers (2 laptops), perform ping, traceroute, telnet to port 80 and it's still ZERO, zilch, nada.

However, when I surf PPCT from my office network, it works. I tested it by using the same 2 laptops above just to make sure that it's not my laptop that is causing problem.

For further confirmation, I went and put my laptop in the DMZ to ensure that it's not my router/firewall that's blocking access to PPCT from my home DSL network, but still no go.

I am posting this from my office network as I can not do so from my home DSL network., so if anyone have some ideas, please email me directly.

BTW, I am in SF, CA using SBC Yahoo! DSL.

Thanks!

JackTheTripper
04-30-2004, 10:16 PM
FYI, I'm in San Jo and using SBC DSL and get on fine using my Linksys wireless router wired or wireless.

lanwarrior
04-30-2004, 11:26 PM
FYI, I'm in San Jo and using SBC DSL and get on fine using my Linksys wireless router wired or wireless.

Hi Jack,

I'm in SF and my thinking is that a specific subnet of IP is probably blocked. I may be wrong though, but currently I am just looking at all options as I've done testing on my DSL network and PC's.

cyclwestks
05-01-2004, 02:35 PM
The only time I had this problem, I ran "Hijack This", & that solved it.

Kati Compton
05-01-2004, 05:05 PM
It could also be that the connection between your home network and PPCT was down. Once in a while, certain routes across the net just don't work.

If you want to PM me your IP, I can see if I can find the answer to your original question, though.

lanwarrior
05-03-2004, 07:24 AM
Cyclwestks,

"Hijack this"..is that an anti-spyware software? I have Spybot and my machine is not infected (yet), but I tried this with other machines and same thing happen, so I think it's not my laptop.

Kati,

I am travelling now so I have to wait till Friday. But once I am home, how do I inform you of my IP? I can't connect to PPCT from home, so I can only PM you either on Monday (when I am in office) or do it from some other network (maybe friends) on the weekends.

From M-F of this week, I can access PPCT since I am accessing it not from my home network. So I can still communicate per normal.

Thanks all for the help.

Steven Cedrone
05-03-2004, 01:23 PM
I am travelling now so I have to wait till Friday. But once I am home, how do I inform you of my IP? I can't connect to PPCT from home, so I can only PM you either on Monday (when I am in office) or do it from some other network (maybe friends) on the weekends.

Send an email to "moderator AT pocketpcthoughts DOT com" and one of us will look into it...

Steve

lanwarrior
05-04-2004, 07:54 AM
Sounds good. I'll email you on Friday.

Thanks.

Kacey Green
05-04-2004, 01:25 PM
OT but is that the email addy to send a request for a change of username?

Steven Cedrone
05-04-2004, 04:23 PM
OT but is that the email addy to send a request for a change of username?

Yes...

Steve

Kacey Green
05-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Thanks steve