View Full Version : Connecting to Internet via Bluetooth

aximcases
04-30-2004, 04:37 AM
I am trying to connect my Bluetooth enabled notebook (or iPaq 4100) to the internet using AOL ISP and Bluetooth cell phone (Motorola V600).

I only have a standard plan (no data plan) with AT&T and would like to use cell phone as a modem, and use my plan minutes.

All devices are connecting with each other OK and cell phone dials the number, but nothing happens after that :(.

Am I missing something? Do I need a DATA Plan with AT&T? Can I use AOL dial-up or do I need another dial-up ISP?

freitasm
04-30-2004, 09:05 AM
You'll need data allowed on this account, but not necessarily GPRS. You can ask your AT&T representative for CSD access or Modem access.

Mind you, the maximum speed in this case will be 9.6kbps (or 14.4kbps depending on network).

Janak Parekh
05-02-2004, 05:08 AM
You'll need data allowed on this account, but not necessarily GPRS. You can ask your AT&T representative for CSD access or Modem access.
Actually, AT&T GSM in the US does not offer circuit-switched data (CSD). aximcases, I'm afraid GPRS (i.e., a data plan) is the only way to get onto the 'Net through AT&T. :(

--janak

aximcases
05-02-2004, 07:01 AM
Thank you very much for your replies! Oh well! :?