View Full Version : using an sd or cf card as a scratch disk?

drunken_boxer
04-29-2004, 11:47 PM
does anyone know if it is possible to use an sd or cf card as a scratch disk in a pocket pc? i am thinking along the lines of the way that photoshop can use a separate harddisk as a scratch disk.

how about a microdrive?

any idea if ms windows mobile 2003 premium supports fat32 (files over 2gb)?

thanks for any thoughts/comments/suggestions.

Janak Parekh
05-02-2004, 04:54 AM
But... what program needs to use the removable media as a scratch disk?

--janak

drunken_boxer
05-03-2004, 04:44 PM
well, i am curious as to whether a program that uses a lot of ram or scratch disk space such as photoshop (v4) could run on a pocket pc. i don't own a pocket pc (yet), but i want to know if such things are possible before i buy one, or if i should wait until they are.

thanks for the reply.

Kati Compton
05-03-2004, 05:03 PM
well, i am curious as to whether a program that uses a lot of ram or scratch disk space such as photoshop (v4) could run on a pocket pc. i don't own a pocket pc (yet), but i want to know if such things are possible before i buy one, or if i should wait until they are.
Is this because you want to write such a program, or because you just need a graphics program? There are a few out there, if that's the case. Pocket Artist comes to mind.

meck
06-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Just wondering if this might not be wise due to the number of write/rewrite cycles on flash memory? Would using flash as a scratch disk like this reduce the life of the card?