View Full Version : File Explorer ain't Explorin'!!!

Kevin C. Tofel
04-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Hmmm.....here's a new one (new to me anyway).

I'm running WM2003 on a Tosh e805. It's worked flawlessly for the 3 months I've had it. Today I noticed something strange.

File Explorer runs but does not show any data! I can Explore the folder structure through the Explore option in Active Sync, but can no longer do this directly on the device. 8O

When running File Explorer, the default path of "My Device" appears, but no folders or files are in the body of the application. If I tap "My Device", I don't get options to go to "My Documents" or anything else. The application is active because I can tap the "Edit" and "Open" menus at the bottom. However, if I tap the icons to the right of the menu (My Device, Other Storage, and File Share), nothing happens.

I'm hoping I don't have to do a hard reset so I'm posting the problem, hoping someone has seen this behavior. I've soft reset a number of times and have even removed some programs.

Thanks in advance!
KCT

Steven Cedrone
04-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Use Resco! :wink:

Only joking! Sit tight, don't hard reset, I think I've read about this before. Let me look around and I'll get back to you!

Steve

Kevin C. Tofel
04-29-2004, 06:55 PM
Sure....you just want to meet at WaWa to play with the e805! 8)

Seriously, if you find anything I would definitely appreciate it. I'm not averse to a hard reset, but I'd rather find the root cause and resolution of the issue......
I'm definitely holding off as there is no pressing need to use File Explorer. I can still Explore through AS.

I may download a trial of Resco though.....curious to see if would show the same issue.....hmmmm....... :?:

Thanks!
KCT