View Full Version : streaming Air America?

Chris Pi
04-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Is there anybody who streams the new station "Air America" on their Ipaq from over the internet? If so, how do you do it? I've got an Ipaq 5550 and I can stream the BBC over my wireless lan but I haven't found a way to do Air America.

Don't Panic!
04-27-2004, 07:36 PM
You could listen to the O'Franken show at www.eartv.com/kcaa.html from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM PST using your WMP for Pocket PC. So far I haven't been able to find a station that streams the whole brodcast day in Windows Audio. I'm using the RealOne for Pocket PC preview and havent been able to open the stream. What are you using?

Don't Panic!
Bobby

nategesner
04-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Is this the same Al Franken that complains about the Bush tax cut but then later admits that he received a big refund himself and then kept it?

Is this the same Al Franken that consistently talks about needing a leader who pushes for peace, the importance of free speech, etc., but then physically tackled a protester at a Dean rally?

Just wondering... ;)

Steven Cedrone
04-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Please drop the politics...

Steve

Don't Panic!
04-27-2004, 09:46 PM
I don't know. :oops:

He's the Al Franken that was on Saturday Night Live for a few years though.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Badandy
04-28-2004, 02:34 AM
[FART] <--- Directed to Franken

nategesner
04-28-2004, 06:12 AM
I'm sorry. I just thought that when someone mentions a radio show advertised as a "political" show, featuring "political" talking heads, and purely "political" topics, it would make sense to allow a "political" comment with some good-natured jibes. I didn't mean to offend anyone's sensitivities with my "liberal" dose of sarcasm!

I've been trying to find a way to listen to Air America, but only four radio stations in the U.S. carry the show and even Las Vegas isn't one of them. I went to the web site Bobby mentioned, but it wasn't the right time of day and they apparently don't archive the show. :(

Either way, I'm probably not missing anything. I hear they're all Palm users... ;)

DISCLAIMER: I MYSELF USED A PALM (I SAW THE LIGHT). I MYSELF ENJOY LISTENING TO AL FRANKEN (SOMETIMES). I TRULY AM INTERESTED IN LISTENING TO AIR AMERICA (KEEPING MY ENEMIES CLOSER). PLEASE DON'T CENSOR ME!!!

Steven Cedrone
04-28-2004, 01:32 PM
I have absolutely no problem with Chris Pi trying to get that show to his device (regardless of what kind of show it is). The problem with good natured jibes is that the discussion usually turns ugly FAST (especially when it's good natured political jibes)! Better to leave those types of discussions to "other places"...

Trust me! :wink:

Steve

nategesner
04-28-2004, 03:29 PM
I know, I just wanted to give you a hard time. Thanks!