View Full Version : Soft reset hangs

SHC
04-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Help!
My ipaq 2210 froze, a soft reset hangs and fails, it then does a hard reset. Then after doing a restore from a backup, a soft reset is required, which hangs.......then a backup from activesync aslo fails "different device"
What can I do short of having to restore all my programmes from scratch?
Thanks

bljarv
04-26-2004, 08:48 PM
My device was doing something VERY similar after the last update from HP. The thing that fixed it for me was to remove all of the SD/CF cards when I soft reset. After it came back up successfully, I was able to put my cards back in and subsequent soft resets behaved normally.

I don't know if it will fix your problem, but it's worth a try.

Good luck!

Jason Dunn
04-26-2004, 09:45 PM
After it hard resets, but before you install your backup, are you able to soft reset it successfully? If so, it likely means that there's a setting or application in your backup that is causing the problem - in which case there's no good solution other than a re-build from scratch. :(

Ripper014
04-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Note that this does not mean that your total backup is useless... there will most likely still be files that you will wish to recover. Sprite backup allows you to choose the files you wish to restore.

From your description it does indeed sound like you have a backup that is not fully compatible with your current pda. I would suggest doing another hard reset and rebuilding it from scratch. I would also extract files from your backup that you can not reproduce. Files such as data files for EWallet... or Cash Organizer... any third party software that does not sync with your PC.

SHC
04-27-2004, 08:03 PM
thanks for the replies
Had to rebuild from scratch. It appears to be pocketplayer thats the culprit.
All working now - minus that programme.

Janak Parekh
05-02-2004, 02:33 AM
Hmm -- you should contact the Conduits folks then -- I've not heard of that problem, myself.

Good luck.

--janak