View Full Version : iPaq 2215 automatically hard resets after inserting sd wi-fi card

compkid2005
04-24-2004, 07:31 PM
The other day, I instered my sandisk SD wi-fi card into my iPaq 2215 and all of a sudden, the device hard resets itself (luckily I had a backup). I tried this a few times and the same thing keeps happening. I don't know if it is the card or the iPaq. The wi-fi card doesn't seem to be damaged and I don't have another SD card to test this.

Has anyone had anything similar to this? It sounds pretty strange considering it was working okay last week.

Thanks.

arnage2
04-24-2004, 10:13 PM
my sandisk wifi card (in july) worked fine with my 2215, but after 3 weeks, the ipaq stopped recgonizing it.

Kowalski
04-25-2004, 02:58 PM
i am starting to get an impression that sandisk products always cause problems :|

Steven Cedrone
04-25-2004, 04:00 PM
The other day, I instered my sandisk SD wi-fi card into my iPaq 2215 and all of a sudden, the device hard resets itself (luckily I had a backup). I tried this a few times and the same thing keeps happening. I don't know if it is the card or the iPaq. The wi-fi card doesn't seem to be damaged and I don't have another SD card to test this.

Has anyone had anything similar to this? It sounds pretty strange considering it was working okay last week.

Thanks.

If you want to test the card, head on over to your local computer superstore and insert the card into a 2215 there. See if it causes another 2215 to reset (make sure you do it while dealing with a salesperson - tell them something like "I'm interested in buying a 22xx series but my WIFI card has to be recognized, can I try my card in your display model?" :wink: )

Steve

mhynek
04-27-2004, 07:25 PM
Clever ruse 8)