View Full Version : My Documents folders

OxfordPPC
04-24-2004, 05:05 AM
:?: This may be a very simple thing for some of you experts out there but I would be grateful for some help.

I store a lot of different documents (PocketWord, PocketExcel, IAP, PDF files) on my CF storage card in my Toshiba e750 and I try to keep them in a My Documents folder with a number of subfolders to keep everything neatly ordered. However, I cannot access these files from the relevant program (eg PocketWord) unless all the files are in the My Documents root folder. If they are in a subfolder the program doesn't see them. Is there anything I can do on the CF storage card to make all folders and subfolders viewable by all programs?

In a similar vein, is it possible by using ActiveSync to synchronise files automatically which are on a storage card as opposed to in the main memory?

Sydney Bristow
04-24-2004, 04:08 PM
Well, I'm not sure if this would answer your question, but my iPAQ (4150) won't let me create subdirectories within My Documents folder in the first place, so I assume it's not possible to get one to work...

Jon Westfall
04-24-2004, 05:14 PM
In a similar vein, is it possible by using ActiveSync to synchronise files automatically which are on a storage card as opposed to in the main memory?

Not that I know of, perhaps a third-party sync software?

Janak Parekh
04-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Unfortunately, no, there isn't. This is a compromise they made in Pocket PC to simply the file browsers.

What you can do is to use File Explorer to open the files. PWord/PExcel will read them fine, and write to them -- it's just that they can't, in and of themselves, list them.

As for Storage Card syncing, look at MightySync (http://www.mydocsunlimited.com/html/mightysync.html).

--janak

Janak Parekh
04-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Well, I'm not sure if this would answer your question, but my iPAQ (4150) won't let me create subdirectories within My Documents folder in the first place, so I assume it's not possible to get one to work...
You should be able to in File Explorer, at least.

--janak