View Full Version : Pocket PC Thoughts Scholarship

dean_shan
04-24-2004, 02:19 AM
Hey Jason do you think that you could find some sponsors and set up a 'Pocket PC Thoughts Scholarship'? College is an expensive proposition and it would be nice to have a helping hand.

jake080
04-24-2004, 04:03 AM
amen! 8)

Jon Westfall
04-24-2004, 05:44 AM
Dratz, this idea would come up just as I'm entering a program with tuition reimbursement and a stipend. Oh well.

I like this idea, and think we could probably get the members here to contribute as well. I'd send in 20 bucks or so for a winner from our community. Perhaps have an essay topic and let those contributing to the scholarship fund vote on the best entry. We probably can't put someone though a semester, but probably can make up enough money to buy books or pay some of their tuition. Every little bit helps!

Kati Compton
04-24-2004, 06:35 AM
but probably can make up enough money to buy books or pay some of their tuition. Every little bit helps!
You'd be required to get eBooks. ;)

Jon Westfall
04-24-2004, 11:56 AM
but probably can make up enough money to buy books or pay some of their tuition. Every little bit helps!
You'd be required to get eBooks. ;)

Let me guess, no note taking on paper either - strictly Pocket PC so we don't have to chip in for notebooks.

No tape recorders for lectures, use voice recording functions of PPC.

No laptop - get an external keyboard for your PPC.

Wow... our scholarship sounds like it could have some serious strings attached.

sublime
04-24-2004, 04:01 PM
I, too, am in need of scholarships. But, since both Jason and I are Canadian, the scholarship should be given only to those Canadian.

Why? Well, umm, cuz, well, because it's better that way!

Jon Westfall
04-24-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm an north east ohioan, and if I look across the lake, I sometimes spy parts of canada... oh what do I care... I'm graduating in 3 weeks.

JustinGTP
04-24-2004, 07:19 PM
I don't think Jason could afford it really. I just read his Camera Fraud on http://www.jasonsego.com !

-Justin.

Jason Dunn
04-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Interesting idea, but ultimately completely outside the scope of the site, and not something I have the capacity to run with. However, if someone wants to set this up and run it, I'd be happy to contribute to it and promote it on the site. :-)

I don't think Jason could afford it really. I just read his Camera Fraud on http://www.jasonsego.com!

What does getting ripped off a year ago have to do with me being able to afford something? I happen to be putting my wife through college right now, thank you very much, and I'm paying my bills and putting food on my table. That's good enough for me.

When you're not having your parents pay your bills and you're living on your own, perhaps you'll have a bit more humility when it comes to talking about money Justin. I have a great desire to flame you further, but I'm going to hold back on the assumption that perhaps you didn't realize exactly how insulting it is to publicly question someone's financial status and their ability to afford something.

David Prahl
04-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Umm...where do I sign up? :lol:

Honestly -- I'm not getting any federal or school-sponsored financial aid. University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire told me that my ACT test score was too low to get any scholarships, and the only "aid" I can get is an on-campus job and students loans.

I have applied for other scholarships, but not been awared anything. If I was a hispanic viola player double majoring in music and accounting... :roll:

Member of the National Honor Society.
Volunteered as the sole school webmaster for four years.
GPA has never been below 3.6 in four years.
Not rich.

WHO IS GETTING THE MONEY?!? :evil:

sublime
04-24-2004, 11:45 PM
However, if someone wants to set this up and run it, I'd be happy to contribute to it and promote it on the site. :-)

I'll set it up:

The Sublimely Poor Scholarship Fund
Send all funds via paypal to [email protected]

All funds will be used to pay for my tuition, books, and transportation. Help make a difference; help a poor student. Help me help you help me.

JustinGTP
04-26-2004, 02:32 AM
I don't think Jason could afford it really. I just read his Camera Fraud on http://www.jasonsego.com!

What does getting ripped off a year ago have to do with me being able to afford something? I happen to be putting my wife through college right now, thank you very much, and I'm paying my bills and putting food on my table. That's good enough for me.

When you're not having your parents pay your bills and you're living on your own, perhaps you'll have a bit more humility when it comes to talking about money Justin. I have a great desire to flame you further, but I'm going to hold back on the assumption that perhaps you didn't realize exactly how insulting it is to publicly question someone's financial status and their ability to afford something.

I really don't see a big issue here and depending on what type of scholarship it can run in to multiple of thousands. No, I am not saying that you are poor; if that is what you are worried about.

Geeze - that was incredible standoffish, and over a small thing. Jason's Ego is a good site, and it is getting in the way right now. And if anything, me talking about that camera fraud was a sign of sympathy and not my desire to embarrass you! It actually made me wonder about my future purchases on eBay and such and how it can be so terrible. Besides the fact that you actuallymentioned in one of the emails that you couldn't afford to buy two of them, that's where I got the idea of monetary value, you said it yourself! :D and scholarships and college etc. cost more that a thousand dollars.

So, if I did offend you, take this as an apology because what I seemed to have done to you was supposed to be the complete opposite! :)

Jon Westfall
04-26-2004, 03:02 AM
I think its best this just be left alone now, before further fires start.

JustinGTP
04-26-2004, 03:16 AM
I think its best this just be left alone now, before further fires start.

'Twas an apology.

Jon Westfall
04-26-2004, 05:47 PM
I did not mean that your apology was starting something, just that after the apology, it would probably be best to drop it all. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Jason Dunn
04-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Apology accepted.

sublime
04-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Now that apologies are out of the way, let's all donate to the Sublimely Poor Scholarship Fund. It'll make you feel better.

David Prahl
04-26-2004, 10:19 PM
I donate my debt! :lol:

JustinGTP
04-26-2004, 10:56 PM
I donate my debt! :lol:

:rotfl:

Good one David. If I had debt I would donate it. Let me check my bank.... Oh, he could have my cellphone bill, the phone isn't working anyways.