View Full Version : Various Quesions

KKthird
04-23-2004, 05:15 PM
Hello All.
I'm a newbie and my two questions may be neophyte-like, but they are driving me crazy!

First, when I have multiple appointments for a day, the "Today" screen only shows my next appointment. In Outlook on my PC I literally get everything that is planned for the day. Any idea how I can have the Today screen display everything for a day, or even multiple upcoming days?

For the Inbox, I can receive mails and then update with Outlook on my PC. However, I cannot send from Inbox on my PPC. I created another account from which I can send email, but then I am no longer up-to-date with my PC Outlook because this new account that I created to send email with doesn't synchronize with either my Inbox on my PPC or with Outlook on my PC. I just want to have Inbox send and receive and keep everything synchronized. Is this possible or will I always have to send from the new account that I created?
Thanks for any help.

Jason Dunn
04-23-2004, 05:20 PM
#1: START > SETTINGS > TODAY > ITEMS > Select Calendar > Click OPTIONS > DISPLAY UPCOMING APPOINTMENTS

#2: Do you have the option to do an IMAP account? If so, that might be the best solution. Synching email with Outlook has many problems.

KKthird
04-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks very much for the quick reply. I got the Today screen to display upcomming apointments. I figured it would be something easy, but I couldn't find it in the helpfiles.

Yes, I do have IMAP and that is what the email account is that I created to send email from my PPC. I'm still not sure how to link this with my PC Outlook, but I'll keep working on it.

Thanks again!

Jason Dunn
04-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Yes, I do have IMAP and that is what the email account is that I created to send email from my PPC. I'm still not sure how to link this with my PC Outlook, but I'll keep working on it.

It's best to add it into Outlook and it will show up as a different folder structure - this will be your email folder, and everything else will be synched from your local Outlook PST file. Then you can move messages from IMAP down to your local PST if it gets too full or whatnot. Basically I'm suggesting that you abandon using ActiveSync for your email - do everything via IMAP. Be sure to click CONNECT though before you do anything with IMAP - you can't just do a send & receive or you'll end up with duplicates later.