View Full Version : Seiko SmartPad 2e

GLDav
04-23-2004, 10:21 AM
Hi all,

I have purchased a Seiko SmartPad to use with my PPC but I cannot get it to work. If anyone has any experience of this product I would be grateful!

Ipaq 3950 (with Infrared update driver installed)
Seiko SmartPad 2e
Inknote Software v3.2
Brand new batteries

Kind regards

Glenn

Jon Westfall
04-23-2004, 04:27 PM
I found that my PPC had trouble wtih the seiko inklink (that also uses the same software as yours) and it was remedied by:

1. Most recent ROM update
and
2. Trying each com port until I found the one that worked (in my case, it was com1 or 2).

Jon.

GLDav
04-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Jon,

Thanks for that. By a process of elimination I too discovered that using a different port (Com2) solved the issue - along with version 3.3 of the software. Research has shown that there are a few difficulties with the 39xx series of Ipaq.

Having resolved the issue I have been getting to grips with the SmartPad and I have to say it is performing well! My primary use for this is getting client signatures. There was no way I was going to allow people to write directly onto my screen - with or without screen protectors! There is something distressing (for me) in seeing someone else handle my PPC! Do I need help??!!

Rgds

Glenn

Jon Westfall
04-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Jon,

Thanks for that. By a process of elimination I too discovered that using a different port (Com2) solved the issue - along with version 3.3 of the software. Research has shown that there are a few difficulties with the 39xx series of Ipaq.

Having resolved the issue I have been getting to grips with the SmartPad and I have to say it is performing well! My primary use for this is getting client signatures. There was no way I was going to allow people to write directly onto my screen - with or without screen protectors! There is something distressing (for me) in seeing someone else handle my PPC! Do I need help??!!

Rgds

Glenn

Nothing wrong with you, you're just being a good, protective parent.