View Full Version : Reminder syncing

danesh
04-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Hello folks,
I am not sure whether this issue has been discussed before (if so, kindly direct me to that topic). I've set reminders for tasks and appointments in Outlook on the desktop. After syncing it with my PPC, expectedly I get reminders at appropriate times. When I complete a task or appointment, I dismiss the alarm and for tasks, I mark them as complete.
I thought when I sync the PPC back with my PC, I would not get reminders for completed tasks or appointments, but unfortunately, this is not the case. It is very annoying to see reminders for completed tasks or dismissed appointments. Earlier, when I used Palm, I never used to get reminders on PC for appointments that were dismissed in the device.

Any help on resolving on this problem would be highly appreciated.

Kevin Remhof
04-22-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm sure this is not the answer that you're looking for but... this is business-as-usual with Pocket PCs. If you dismiss a calendar reminder on your desktop, it will dismiss it on the Pocket PC. But, that's about the only situation that works.

If a third-party developer could take a stab at this, I'm sure many of us would be very happy.

wing
04-29-2004, 07:41 AM
what about POSTPONING appts & tasks?

Again, it seems to repeat a postponed appt/task on both the computer and the ppc unit. neither one seems to realize what the other device is doing.

grumble.

sigh.

bye.

Kevin Remhof
04-29-2004, 01:37 PM
what about POSTPONING appts & tasks?

Again, it seems to repeat a postponed appt/task on both the computer and the ppc unit. neither one seems to realize what the other device is doing.

grumble.

sigh.

bye.

Yep, same deal as dismissing. Very, very frustrating.

danesh
04-30-2004, 04:15 AM
Thanks Kevin, but like you said that's not really what I am looking for. Let us hope that some third party developers try to patch it or Microsoft is kind enough to release a service pack covering this area.