View Full Version : emulators

ekinskofer
04-21-2004, 05:25 PM
hey folks,

Just wondering if any one has been successful running any emulators for strongARM hardware. I'm interested in trying out a GameBoy emulator or GameBoy Advance emulator, or perhaps running some old snes games.

cheers,

Eric

jnajera
04-21-2004, 06:19 PM
http://pocketnes.retrogames.com/

Fishie
04-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Pretty sure quite a few of us have.

Gameboy advance is nowhere near full speed on any machine at the moment, SNES is nicely playable as is Genesis emulation, PCEngine and lower hardware generaly is emulated at full speed.

Check pdarcade.com or pocketgamer.org

wocket
04-21-2004, 07:15 PM
Morphgear is quite a nice little all rounder www.morphgear.com and it emulates the following:-

Nintendo GameBoy Color (or is that colour)
Nintendo GameBoy Advance
Nintendo Entertainment System
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
SEGA GameGear
SEGA MasterSystem
SEGA Genesis
NEC TurboGrafx-16

Sydney Bristow
04-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Morphgear is quite a nice little all rounder www.morphgear.com and it emulates the following:-

Nintendo GameBoy Color (or is that colour)
Nintendo GameBoy Advance
Nintendo Entertainment System
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
SEGA GameGear
SEGA MasterSystem
SEGA Genesis
NEC TurboGrafx-16

Yup, that's the one I use for my PPC GBA...of course, I also have the actual GBO, GBP, GBC, GBA, and GBA SP, so I should think Nintendo wouldn't worry about my using a PPC version of it. :P

I thought about using GBC on the PPC too, but I decided to just get GBA...and color is American version of spelling while colour is Canadian and British version of spelling. ;) They are both correct! ^_^

Mark_Venture
04-21-2004, 08:54 PM
The NES emultors work great! Thanks!

Do you have any suggestions for emulator for arcade games? i.e. a PocketPC version of MAME that works well on the iPAQ 2215? (I have MAME and a bunch of roms on my desktop, I'm looking for a good one for the iPAQ)

socrates63
04-21-2004, 09:31 PM
The NES emultors work great! Thanks!

Do you have any suggestions for emulator for arcade games? i.e. a PocketPC version of MAME that works well on the iPAQ 2215? (I have MAME and a bunch of roms on my desktop, I'm looking for a good one for the iPAQ)

If you haven't already seen it, PDArcade (http://www.pdarcade.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=102) recently compiled an exhaustive PPC emu list.

KenClunk
04-21-2004, 11:40 PM
I used Pocket Advance before for the PPC on my 2215 and it was a bit chopy and had no sound. Is there a newer version out, or any other ones (for Advance)?

ekinskofer
04-21-2004, 11:46 PM
sweet.. thanks for the reply's..

I'm wondering if I can map my PPC controls to the NES keypads?

So you guys say that the GBA emulators don't run anywhere near real time?

ekinskofer
04-27-2004, 07:10 PM
hey guys..

downloaded the pokenes and pocketsnes emulators for my v37 and I love the pokenes right now..

I'm having probs with the pocketsnes though and am wondering if this is a good snes emulator for my hardware.. the main problem being that the roms run choppy and too slow.

apparently my V37 is built with the StrongARM processor and is supposed to be around 400mhz. Are there any snes emulators that run at full speed or with little choppiness?

cheers.