View Full Version : Shortcut/Keyboard/JWPce Problem...[HP iPAQ 4150]

Sydney Bristow
04-20-2004, 07:48 PM
Hello! Long ago, I had attempted using JWPce only to have my keyboard get messed up (see http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23794&highlight= for details and a screenshot).

Spending days surfing the net for a decent free Japanese<->English dictionary software and finding none (actually, I did find one that was ok, but the transcriber that came with it was simply horrible, and the terms were very confusing to read), I decided to try JWPce again (this time, I was prepared; made a backup right before installing :P ).

It worked!

...but when I make a shortcut on the Start Menu, the keyboard pops up for one second but is gone in a blink of the eye. Strange enough, this problem occurs only when I launch JWPce via the shortcut on Start Menu; the actual .exe or the shortcut I made on "Programs" section works perfectly fine! I tried creating the Start Menu shortcut both manually (by ActiveSync) and by the "Settings -> Menu" option on the PPC. Both failed miserably.

Any helps would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :D

(P.S: I still haven't been able to figure out why my keyboard turned like that on my first try; I had to hard reset to solve the problem...just in case something like that happens again, it would also be greatly appreciated if someone could solve this mystery! Thank you! -^^-)

kawaikunai
04-23-2004, 09:01 AM
Do you have any icons in your taskbar while you're running jwpce? My Axim came with the SwitcherBar utility, which keeps an icon in the taskbar while it's running. When I use jwpce, since it switches the taskbar to the bottom, there's not enough room for both icons and they superimpose each other and behave erratically. My solution is to close SwitcherBar while I'm running jwpce.

jwpce's wonky behavior can be explained partly if you read the Technical Information (http://www.physics.ucla.edu/~grosenth/c_main.html#TECHNICAL) section of his website. Basically, he eschews Windows programming conventions for various reasons.

(But even with that, it's still my favorite JP word processor.)

Sydney Bristow
04-24-2004, 04:27 PM
Thank you so much for the advice, but unfortunately, I have HP iPAQ 4150 which does not have SwitcherBar (well, at least to my knowledge it doesn't ^^;; It'd be awesome if it did though :D)...and I don't have any other programs running simultaneously with the JWPce. :(

But thank you very much anyways, I really appreciate it! :D