View Full Version : avantgo is gone after upgrade to wm2003!

mm
04-20-2004, 05:39 AM
The upgrade went smoothly. Now I go to look for Avantgo and it is not under the Connections TAB or in Activesync Options. It is under Favorites - Mobile Favorites but when I click on it it just says to sync with Activesync (but it is not there in Activesync). I have used Avantgo for years with many different pocketpcs usually syncing wirelessly eevry day and would like to continue.

Steven Cedrone
04-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Worst case: you can download (https://my.avantgo.com/account/downloads.html) the Avantgo app again...

Steve

Sven Johannsen
04-20-2004, 02:41 PM
IIRC you will find an Avantgo icon in Programs as well. Maybe that was after the current client was reloaded. It does come back in WM2003, it just needs to be re-attached so to speak. It does have a new way of accessing, 1) through a program icon, 2) from favorites. You'll get the Communications tab option to sync directly back as well.

Kacey Green
04-21-2004, 01:41 PM
you have to select avantgo in activesync on your options on your desktop

then the icons for avantgo will be installed

then you go to options after your next sync and add your username and password

if this is not clear let me know and i will post screenshots

Kacey Green
04-21-2004, 01:43 PM
or as steven said you can download the avantgo app from the avantgo site, but i fear that it may use up space on my device so i avoid it when i can

mm
04-22-2004, 05:31 AM
I downloaded from the Avantgo site and it installed to the PC and to the ppc. Works now. Still would like to know why it did not show up after the upgrade. i can not believe I am the only one out there that this happened to.