View Full Version : mp3 to ogg

Falstaff
04-19-2004, 07:59 PM
First off, before anyone yells at me about checking DMT, I did search there and found nothing that helps me, and I did search here, and found some apps, but not exactly what I want. I'm tired of having to cut down the amount of music I carry with me because it is greater in size than my memory cards, so I want to convert my music collection (only ~750 songs) to ogg format so it's smaller. I am looking for a simple to use mp3 to ogg converter with the following capabilities:
- Ability to save converted files in the same directory (I have a very ordered folder/sub folder set-up)
- Ability to set up a large list of files to convert at once (ability to just use an m3u would be great)
- Easy to adjust output quality (the more options the better!)
- FAST
- A nice GUI would be very good to have (not necessary though)
- FREE!!!! (or pretty cheap, I don't want to spend $30 on the software I'm going to use so little)

I'd like this for WinXP, but I'm planning on setting up a dual boot with Mandrake 10 soon, so a Linux version might be useful as well. Thanks a lot.

Pat Logsdon
04-19-2004, 08:07 PM
dBpowerAMP (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm) should do what you need. It doesn't convert all that fast, but it meets all of your other requirements. :wink:

Ripper014
04-19-2004, 08:48 PM
What Pat said...

Falstaff
04-19-2004, 11:40 PM
I had tried this but couldn't figure out how to convert to ogg. I just asked a friend on aim and he told me to download the converting codec, so it works great now, thanks for suggesting this. I guess next time I shouldn't ignore when it says "Open Readme?" :oops: