View Full Version : 1945 questions

frontier
04-19-2004, 04:22 PM
I just bought a 1945 to replace my trusty Jornada 568 and have a few questions I hope can get answered here.
1. The action button typically can be used as a toggle to open and close a file. However, I notice that it fails to work in Contacts. That is, when I scroll to a contact and hit the action button, it opens the contact, but when I hit it again, it fails to close it. My old 568 would close it. Is there a hardward problem with my unit, or are they all like this?
2. I would like to password-protect my Inbox, but nothing else. That is, when I push the button to view my emails that have been synced, I would like a password prompt to pop up. Is this doable, or do I have to password-protect the entire unit?
3. How do you set which phone number pops up in Contacts? On the 568, if you pressed and held the contact, a screen would pop up allowing you to choose which number you want displayed as the primary number.
4. I am unable to sync attachments, even though I have checked the box to sync them and have set the size large (9MB). Any advice?
5. I am unable to sync emails sent by AOL users. I also had this problem with my old 568. Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks for any help....

Ed Hansberry
04-22-2004, 04:27 AM
I just bought a 1945 to replace my trusty Jornada 568 and have a few questions I hope can get answered here.
1. The action button typically can be used as a toggle to open and close a file. However, I notice that it fails to work in Contacts. That is, when I scroll to a contact and hit the action button, it opens the contact, but when I hit it again, it fails to close it. My old 568 would close it. Is there a hardward problem with my unit, or are they all like this?I think that is a WM2003 thing. Myb2215 does the exact sema thing.2. I would like to password-protect my Inbox, but nothing else. That is, when I push the button to view my emails that have been synced, I would like a password prompt to pop up. Is this doable, or do I have to password-protect the entire unit?Whole device. I don't know of an app that locks the inbox.3. How do you set which phone number pops up in Contacts? On the 568, if you pressed and held the contact, a screen would pop up allowing you to choose which number you want displayed as the primary number.Tap the little letter (w, e, m, etc) and a drop down should appear.4. I am unable to sync attachments, even though I have checked the box to sync them and have set the size large (9MB). Any advice?reset your Inbox. Change it to sync one day, sync, undock, change it to your normal preference and sync again. 5. I am unable to sync emails sent by AOL users. I also had this problem with my old 568. Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks for any help....
Never seen that prob. In fact, I have a few AOL emails in my inbox that sync'd just fine right now.

Chris Spera
04-22-2004, 06:48 AM
Interestingly enough, my 2215 does the same thing with Contacts as well; but it works like you want it to in Pocket Informant. This has to be an issue with Contacts in WM2003.

Ed Hansberry
04-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Interestingly enough, my 2215 does the same thing with Contacts as well; but it works like you want it to in Pocket Informant. This has to be an issue with Contacts in WM2003.
Just confirmed with another WM2003 device. It is Contacts, not something HP is doing in their builds.

frontier
04-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the responses. As far as choosing which number shows in Contacts, the technique you described doesn't work on my unit. On my old Jornada, the W,H or M (for work, home or mobile) was in blue and the technique you described worked great. I notice that on the Ipaq, the whole line is black. It appears they disabled that feature. Don't know why...

Ed Hansberry
04-22-2004, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the responses. As far as choosing which number shows in Contacts, the technique you described doesn't work on my unit. On my old Jornada, the W,H or M (for work, home or mobile) was in blue and the technique you described worked great. I notice that on the Ipaq, the whole line is black. It appears they disabled that feature. Don't know why...
Shouldn't be. It works fine on my 2215. You are doing this from the list view, right, not from inside a contact?

frontier
04-22-2004, 06:55 PM
Yes, from the list view. Does the 2215 use the same OS as the 1945? Also, in list view, does yours have the blue letter on the right (W, H or M) while the rest of the line is black? That's the only difference I can see with how my Jornada was.

Ed Hansberry
04-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Yes, from the list view. Does the 2215 use the same OS as the 1945? Also, in list view, does yours have the blue letter on the right (W, H or M) while the rest of the line is black? That's the only difference I can see with how my Jornada was.

Same OS. I get this by just tapping on the "h"

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/hansberry/2004/20040422-defaultcontactinfo.gif

frontier
04-22-2004, 07:19 PM
I can't thank you enough - you are right. My problem was that I was using the technique that the Jornada required, which is to tap and hold the H. Thanks again....