View Full Version : How often to change screen protector?

Trimac20
04-19-2004, 04:00 AM
I was just wondering, how often do you change the screen protector overlays (if you do)? I usually find that after a few months, dust and other particles begin to accumulate beneath the protector and it requires a change so I usually change it then. But then why do screen overlays come in packs of up to 20. It seems you wouldn't need so many spares but I suppose (if you're like me) you use half the pack to get one apply one overlay perfectly on the screen. So what is (if there is) the 'optimum' time to leave one protector on.

Another thing is, do many of you notice that when you first apply a screen overlay (no matter how carefully you do so) there are also millions of tiny air-bubbles and other eyesores that make the surface appear grainy, but after time these gradually disappear (well just become less visible?). I don't know, maybe its just me getting used the graininess.

Anthony Caruana
04-19-2004, 05:18 AM
I've been using the Pocket PC Techs Writeshields. I'm on my second one in about 9 months or so. These last a real long time.

These adhere to the screen electrostatically and I've been able to lay them on without any air bubbles.

I bought a three pack and don't expect that I'll need to buy more until 2005!

I've used the adhesive type ones and I'll never buy them again. Too hard to apply and, at tleast the ones I've looked at, the make the screen harder to read.

Writshields rock!

ppcsurfr
04-19-2004, 07:17 AM
I've been using Brando and I change screen protectors every 6 months.

Carlo

Stephen Beesley
04-19-2004, 09:24 AM
For the last few months I have been using one of the washable screen protectors (cann't remember the brand) and find it is a pretty good solution. I need to clean it every couple of weeks, but that is about it.

dMores
04-19-2004, 09:26 AM
hmm ... i had a screen protector on my pocket loox 600 for over a year, never changed it.
but i had a case too, so that maybe improved it's life span.

on my p900 smartphone, i don't have a case or a screen protector.

Zack Mahdavi
04-20-2004, 08:31 AM
I've had a Boxwave ClearTouch screen protector on my Pocket PC for about 2 months now... it hasn't needed a change yet. We'll see how long it lasts for.. :)

Aerestis
04-20-2004, 11:58 AM
I gave up on screen protectors. Now I tap lightly and save money. Before though, I did quite often because my protectors were about as good as a kick in the pants. :wink: :)

yslee
04-20-2004, 12:44 PM
For me, it's like never with the right protector (the thick easy to apply types).