View Full Version : Send to Pocket PC in Windows Short Cut missing!!! What do I do????

americaneagle
04-18-2004, 08:22 AM
:( I lost the short cut for sending files to my Pocket PC in Windows. I know I can do it other ways but I prefer clicking and sending the easy way instead of opening two windows to drag files.

Anyone know what I need to do to get it back in my send to menu????

Darius Wey
04-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Are you talking about the Send To option on the right-click menu?

Because if this is what you're referring to, I don't have it either and don't think I've ever had it. I've got the Send To-Bluetooth-(Device Name) option if that's what you're referring to.

Otherwise, it seems like you'd have to do some manual registry manipulation (e.g. addition of keys) to get it back.

markan
04-18-2004, 12:40 PM
I think is provided by Resco File Explorer. I remember having to re-install it on the PC last time I house cleaned. If you've never used Resco's software then I'm not sure where it came from.

AggieJon
04-18-2004, 04:58 PM
Well, if your running XP, the "SendTo" folder is in your user profile folder. Ex: C:\Documents and Settings\<your name>\SendTo. It's a hidden folder, so you'll have to enable viewing hidden folders if you want to explore to it. You can put any shortcut you like there. 8)

americaneagle
04-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Well, if your running XP, the "SendTo" folder is in your user profile folder. Ex: C:\Documents and Settings\<your name>\SendTo. It's a hidden folder, so you'll have to enable viewing hidden folders if you want to explore to it. You can put any shortcut you like there. 8)

I tried that an still no luck.... :? I can't figure out how I got it last time. I thought it was a Microsoft Pocket PC Power Toy but I can get no help from there site.

jimski
04-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Looks like my shortcut was created the day I setup my new laptop, but I don't know which app may have created it. If it's any help, the shortcut syntax looks like this:

"C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER PROFILE\My Documents\Pocket_PC1 My Documents"

... where "YOUR USER PROFILE" represents the folder containg your personalized settings and "Pocket_PC1 My Documents" is the folder that contains yout synced info.

Just create this shortcut in your c:\Documents and Settings\.....\SendTo folder and you should be all set.

americaneagle
04-18-2004, 08:55 PM
That helps some. I am going to do it that way for. I was still positive there was a way to directly send a file directly on to the device via the short cut.

Then again, I could be wrong. :wink:

JustMe
04-19-2004, 05:11 AM
My "My Device" send to link was placed there by Resco.

JM

Darius Wey
04-19-2004, 07:53 AM
You could always create a "Mobile Device" shortcut on your desktop and drag files to that. The original "Mobile Device" link is in My Computer.