View Full Version : Syncing with Outlook 2003. Help!!!

mirkazemisaman
04-15-2004, 08:48 PM
I have Microsoft Outlook 2003 syncing with my Hotmail acount and everything is cool.

Now how do I get my Axim X5 to sync with my hotmail folder in Outlook on my desktop? When I go to Activesync (3.7.1) options, I can't even select "Inbox" to sync meaning that there is no check box. Should I do something with the Inbox program on the PPC???

Thanx in advance for any help.

mirkazemisaman
04-15-2004, 09:28 PM
well, i got pocket hotmail and setup my acount on the PPC. Everything seems to be working except that when Inox is "Sending messages" (ie: "Sending message 1 of 1...") it freezes. I tried a soft reset, but no luck. Has anyone else has this problem?

Oh and by the way I still have Pocket PC 2002, so it should be compatible with Pocket Hotmail.

mirkazemisaman
04-16-2004, 04:23 AM
anyone? Please don't tell me there is no way (or other way) I can sync with hotmail!!!

I mean isn't that the whole point of a mobile device???

jkendrick
04-16-2004, 07:03 PM
If you're using WM2003 you can open up Activesync options and right click on the Inbox and then select any (or all) of the Outlook folders you want synced.

Steven Cedrone
04-16-2004, 08:30 PM
anyone? Please don't tell me there is no way (or other way) I can sync with hotmail!!!

I mean isn't that the whole point of a mobile device???

Unless you try a third party mail program, there is no way to sync with Hotmail...

Sorry!

Steve

Badandy
04-18-2004, 04:51 AM
Well, lucky for you, I know the perfect solution.

Here is what is going to happen:

-You can sync hotmail on your pc.
-You will be able to on your Pocket PC.
-But to do this, it is not going to be transferring the mail from your pc to your Pocket PC, the Pocket PC is going to do it itself.

If this sounds good (hotmail on your Pocket PC) then read further.

Go to Handango (www.handango.com). Search for "HTTPMail Provider" (without the quotes) and click on it. Then, read the instructions on it. Download the trial and see if you like it. If you do, buy it, it is only $5 and the developer gives excellent and quick responses. If you have trouble setting it up, dont give up. Just message back on this, and I will check it. I have it working perfectly with my Pocket PC.

Good luck!

Badandy
04-21-2004, 03:01 AM
Thread originator? you there?