View Full Version : H5555 not powering on or charging

prophet
04-14-2004, 08:21 PM
I've recently encountered some problems with my iPaq H5555. After leaving to go on a business trip for a week or so, I realized I had forgotten my AC adapter for my iPaq - I ran it into the ground, pretty much until it wouldn't turn on anymore.

When I got home, I plugged it in, and expected it to charge like it always does. After giving it the night, I figured it would be alright, but when I woke up, I noticed that the power/charge LED was still not illuminated. I tried doing a "normal reset", as well as a "hard reset" - neither of them worked.

I also checked the connectors, they seem to be clean, dust-free, and in excellent shape...

I'm open to any of your suggetions, but I'm begining to think that perhaps an X-Ray machine at the airport messed with it somehow... although, I know this isn't really possible... I'm just looking for some explanation for all of my work being erased...

Thanks guys.
-Brad Baumann

that_kid
04-14-2004, 08:33 PM
I've heard that if you push the reset button a few times it will wake up. When this happened with my 5555, I used my old pcmcia sleeve(the one with the power connector on it) to charge everything and once the battery had enough power the ipaq turned back on.

christy
04-16-2004, 03:19 PM
I just recently experienced the same problem nothing I did seemed to work Until I removed the battery for 30 seconds and than did a reset I don't remember if it was a soft or hard but it worked. somtimes just removing battery helps everything

buckyg
04-16-2004, 03:52 PM
Just like christy suggested, pulling the battery recently brought my 5555 after it suddenly died and even a hard reset wouldn't bring it back. One it came back, it was hard reset. So I do hope this works for you and that you have a good backup. Good luck, Prophet and let us know how things turn out.