View Full Version : Looking for a ipaq 2200 case...

kosmicki
04-11-2004, 02:45 AM
I'll be getting an ipaq 2200 in a few months, and I am looking for a case for it. (I want to order everything the same week) I have serached dozens of sites and cant find what im looking for, so I thought I'd ask here. :)

What I'm trying to find, is a belt case, that attaches much like a leatherman or gerber case, through the belt, not a belt clip. Like a PDA holster, closes securely, velcro or button snap prefered. Does not look too ugly, and protects the PDA rather well. I'm paranoid about it being stolen, hence the belt loop and snaps. Preferably cheap, but i'll pay if its good.

Anyone know of such a case? :mrgreen:

Ripper014
04-11-2004, 06:36 AM
Nope... sorry... but I will tell you my case of choice... it would be the Sena case... and the reason I like it is because it will fit on the cradle without taking it out... There is a flip cover for the case that is closes with magnets rather than snaps... it fits snuggly to the PocketPC... all the holes align perfectly... and it costs $40...

It may not be the perfect case... but it suits the needs that I am looking for... and so far the service has been perfect... I had a little mishap and they took care of me.

kosmicki
04-11-2004, 07:11 AM
Nice, thanks! I will have to consider one of those. I like how you can charge while in case.

I just remembered I need to get a screen guard also 8O That's gonna be harder to pick then a case! Dozens of brands and styles...

Ripper014
04-11-2004, 08:02 AM
Actually screen savers are not to hard... there are really only a few worth looking at... do a search and I think you will find what your looking for... I believe that the Martins screensavers are near the top of the short list...

kosmicki
04-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Found a case online that is sort of what I'm looking for.

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/bucketboss-pda-holster-review.html

Now that might not be bad, I could still put the PDA in a case like a Sena AND that. Its big enough, and I could retrofit that case with a nice sturdy snap. :mrgreen:: Thoughts o' PPCT fans?

kosmicki
04-11-2004, 11:37 PM
but I will tell you my case of choice... it would be the Sena case...

Read a few reviews on those, do the 'wings' on the back (as many reviewers put it) bother you? And is the frame for the screen cut out properly? One review complaned of the top edge blocking part of the screen a little bit.

Thanks so far for your comments 8)

Paula
04-12-2004, 01:03 AM
My favorite subject besides my 2215, the Sena case.

I will address your concerns:

The wings: they do exist and depending upon the case you receive, they can be either very prominent or miniscule. I ended up with the later.
If the case you receive has prominent wings you can send it back and exchange it if you choose. I found their support personnel to be very helpful and kind.
Once you receive your case my recommendation would be to train your wings to lie flat. You do this by gently pushing them down on occasion. Eventually (not long) the leather softens and they begin to flatten nicely.
To be honest I like the wings/seams at the back because I have a tendency to hold onto it more securely which means I put less pressure on the sensitive side grips. I also do this with the flip top.

Screen cut out: It is true that there is a slight over-hang on the top portion of the screen. But I have noticed that this does not obstruct the true viewing area. The top part of the screen is usually blank (like a top margin) anyway.

Additional points:
The case wears very well and still looks as beautiful as the day I received it. It also protects the sensitive side grips very well. It helps that you do not have to take the 2215 out of the case to charge it.
The magnetic closure holds the lid securely to the case. The extra card storage is quite adequate.

Screen Protector:
I prefer the protectors made by Boxwave. They fit flush on 3 sides with the top portion (or bottom depending on how you install it) open just a fraction so you can remove it when necessary. Installation was a snap. I managed to install it the first time I tried. After 4 months of heavy use there isn't a scratch to be found, and the anti-glare surface is brilliant. The writing surface has a slight drag, which allows you to have more control when writing.

I hope this helps.
Paula

kosmicki
04-12-2004, 03:17 AM
Thank you very much for the useful info, a black Sena case is defiantly on my list of accessories to buy now. One thing that stands out is in every review and post about Sena support, is that it is quite good. A nice thing to know when making a purchase.

Finally starting to narrow down what I want to buy when I order my ipaq. :D

Ripper014
04-12-2004, 04:55 AM
I would love to answer you question regarding the Sena case but I have only seen the one for the Hp1940... I bought one for my little sister on her birthday. After seeing her's... and Paula's glowing reviews... I just had to have one... it is apparently shipped... I just need to have it picked up.

The only thing that I noticed on the Hp1900 case was that the leather is cut very close to the outer edge of the screen and if you tend not to hold your stylus upright it is ackward navigating the scroll bar.

JustinGTP
04-12-2004, 09:37 PM
kosmicki,

I wouldn't buy that pouch and then put the Sena in there, it would be far too bulky. I would just suggest getting a nice leather case; Sena, Piel Frama, Covertec, they are all good.

I work for http://www.iPaqcases.com, and we sell a lot of cases for, you guessed it, Ipaqs. My personal favourite for the 2215 (I personally own one), it would be the Covertec. It has a belt clip, what they call the WIPS system, it is not too bad, but you can risk it coming loose.

I don't think it can be too easily stolen from your waist, so a good quality case with a good belt clip would do fine, in my opinion. I would suggest a Piel Frama, they have an excellent belt clip.

And have you thought about any aluminum cases recently? We have two kinds, the InnoPocket and Energy Leaf, one flips to the side (the lid) and the other to the top. The only downside is that there is no belt clip or loop of any kind.

All of these cases can be viewed on our site, but we do not sell the Sena, we are looking into it but contact with the company is not too great at the moment :( (2215 Cases here (http://www.ipaqcases.com/store/products7.htm))

I hope that helps and I do hope you find your perfect case solution, whether it is from our store or someone else's!

Regards,

Justin.

kosmicki
04-13-2004, 03:29 AM
I have looked at aluminum cases, but I just dont like the look of them. One reason I like the Sena case design is the lack of belt clip on the case, easy to hold. I just don't trust plastic clips, especially the kind that detaches from a seperate belt clip.