View Full Version : Ipaq 4155 accesories

naterand
04-11-2004, 02:16 AM
Looking to get a wireless foldable keyboard. I looked at the targus and it looks the best just wondering if anyone has used it with their 4155 and how it worked for them. Also im looking for a 56k modem for the 4155. If there is a SD 56k modem i've only seen the compactflash. I would like to get one but havn't seen any SD....any recommendations or alternatives for the modem..? Thanks in advance.

Sven Johannsen
04-11-2004, 02:37 AM
If you are talking about the Targus PA870, it is huge. About twice the size of the 4155. I haven't used it with the 4155, only my Dell Axim X5, which it doesn't dwarf so much. With this keyboard you will not be able to use the 4155 in portrait because of the location of the IR receiver at the bottom. You will need some sort of rotation software. It is a decent keyboard and the inclusion of a direction button and mouse pointer software, in PPC2000 at least, makes it somewhat unique. Don't know about WM2003 drivers. Personally I use the HP keyboard. It is a direct connect, but it is significantly smaller.

As far as a modem goes, there is no SD modem. The best you are going to do is a BT modem. There are two of those currently. One from Socket and one from EXP. Both can be seen at www.mobileplanet.com. The only other option I know of is an IR modem. Those exist too, but I would think they would be horribly inconvenient given the line of sight restriction and the placement of the 4155 IR port.

SHoTTa35
04-11-2004, 06:26 PM
As far as a modem goes, there is no SD modem. The best you are going to do is a BT modem. There are two of those currently. One from Socket and one from EXP. Both can be seen at www.mobileplanet.com. The only other option I know of is an IR modem. Those exist too, but I would think they would be horribly inconvenient given the line of sight restriction and the placement of the 4155 IR port.]

now that's some good advice right there... Get the BT 56K modem... plug it up and that way you can be wireless around the room (notice i didn't say house.. just whatever room you're in)

naterand
04-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Well I really appreciate your replies... The only drawback im seeing with the BT modem is that it seems to be quite expensive, at least the one i saw... Mainly i want a 56k modem for the times when im not at home. At home we have cable internet and a wireless setup so the internet is not problem however... like this weekend when visiting away from home our cable service provider has phoneline options to connect to check email and whatnot while away from home so a 56k modem would be nice to have as a portable, used every once in awhile thing...didn't plan on spending $100...<$50 was my actual price range... any BT modems for around $50...maybe I was just looking in the wrong places... thanks again...

jali-p5
04-12-2004, 04:43 PM
you can always get one of these bluetooth keyboards. :D

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=1788&showComments=true

since BT seems to be gaining strength, this keyboard will likely be around for a while, but then again, what do i know...... :?