View Full Version : ActiveSync Praise!

spikedrabbit
04-10-2004, 11:37 PM
Reading all of these scary ActiveSync posts makes me wonder what is going on. I've had my Pocket PC for about 9 months now and it works great. I sync with 2 computers, (my home and work) with no problems whatsoever. I'm using the latest build as it comes out. I've never had any problems installing it or any unresolved issues. 8)

But surely I can't be the only person out there who has no beef with ActiveSync or am I?

Anthony Caruana
04-10-2004, 11:46 PM
I would have actually voted two categories. It does the job most of the time bu it needs an overhaul. I'd like to be able to sync more than one mail account/inbox and be able to sync files from folders other than just the My Docs folder.

Also, it should be more integrated with the operating system.

Dave Beauvais
04-11-2004, 12:47 AM
I'd just like to echo everything Anthony said. For the most part, ActiveSync works well for what it is. It would be nice, however, if Microsoft scrapped the whole thing and started from scratch. The way ActiveSync currently handles syncing with two PCs is simply horrible. The lack of control over what gets synced and what doesn't is inexcusable. I don't want all my personal appointments and contacts on my work PC, but ActiveSync syncs everything on the Pocket PC over, regardless of categories selected, etc. Ugh.

Steven Cedrone
04-11-2004, 05:09 AM
ActiveSync: when it works (and that's most of the time), it works great! When it breaks, it is, without a doubt, the most frustrating piece of software to ever come out of Redmond...

Steve

jimski
04-11-2004, 06:17 AM
ActiveSync: when it works (and that's most of the time), it works great! When it breaks, it is, without a doubt, the most frustrating piece of software to ever come out of Redmond...

Steve

Ditto

Kowalski
04-12-2004, 11:43 AM
i dont like active stink because it causes some undefined problems when i try to sync through my BT dongle and 2215.
other than that copying large files is too slow everytime i want to transfer mp3 files i take out the card, put in a cruser and do the job.
i know the sync software for palms are slower than Active sync but i want something more reliable and fast