View Full Version : PPT to DVD/VCD?!

jlp
04-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Anybody knows how to save a PowerPoint presentation to a DVD or VCD to be able to show it on a TV and a DVD player in a window? It's most probably much easier than to record it on tape to play on a VCR.

zapp
04-10-2004, 11:11 PM
The only way I can think to do this is to just record the presentation, since VHS, DVD, VCD, etc are really just video streams, not interactive applications, like PPT...

So in order to record it to one of these media, you'll need a video card that supports TV-out, and a way to do video capture (TV tuner, or most video cards support S-Video in)

just hook your computer up to a VCR, using TV out, and play through the presentation.

If you want it on DVD or VCD, you'll want to record it back into your computer, so either hook the VCR up to video-in on your video card, or if you want to skip the VCR step, go from TV-out on one computer to S-Video-in on another computer. I leave it up to you to author the dvd or vcd, since that software usually comes with your DVD burner, or you hafta get it on your own.

Anthony Caruana
04-10-2004, 11:42 PM
I jsut checked my Nero software (that came with my DVD writer) and it looks like it will let me select a whole lost of graphics files in various formats and make a VCD slideshow out of a collection of jpg, wmf, bmp, etc.

All you'd need to do is save the PowerPoint as a series of graphics files (can be done from the File | Save As...) and then foll the steps in Nero.

Another option would be use something like to old Lotus Screen Cam app to record the presentation on your PC and then convert that to a format that can be added to a VCD

Hope this helps.

Darius Wey
04-11-2004, 01:39 PM
looks like someone will have to make a plugin for this then :D