View Full Version : PocketPaste 0.1 (freeware)

David Johnston
04-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Hey,

Just released a new program I've been working on called PocketPaste. It allows you to rapidly paste data and files directly from your PC clipboard onto your device via a system tray icon. It saves a lot of hassle working through explorer! It doesn't need anything to be installed on your PocketPC, besides a working ActiveSync connection.

Anyway, try it out, tell me what you think. It's aim is to be as simple and easy to use as possible.

Download: http://www.johnsto.co.uk/pocketpc.php [125kB] (scroll to the bottom of the page)

If you want more info and a second opinion, PocketPCFreewares have posted the first review, very generously giving it 8/10! http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=1017

(Note: I'm evil, so it uses the .NET Framework 1.1...)

hamishmacdonald
04-11-2004, 11:00 AM
This is a great idea for an application. I often use the remote display program from Microsoft, and have longed for the ability to paste text easily to my device.

I just tried to use the application now, though, and I received (multiple times) the error message "That is not a legal filename", even if I left the filename as the default Text.txt (on an iPAQ 2210).

David Johnston
04-11-2004, 12:33 PM
This is a great idea for an application. I often use the remote display program from Microsoft, and have longed for the ability to paste text easily to my device.

I just tried to use the application now, though, and I received (multiple times) the error message "That is not a legal filename", even if I left the filename as the default Text.txt (on an iPAQ 2210).
It must begin with a slash... try '\Text.txt'. I'll fix that up in the next version :)

hamishmacdonald
04-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Excellent. Thanks, I'll try that!

Paul Martin
04-11-2004, 02:51 PM
If I have .NET 1.1 installed, do you think it would work on a Win98 system?

David Johnston
04-11-2004, 03:15 PM
If I have .NET 1.1 installed, do you think it would work on a Win98 system?
It should... I didn't list it on the page as I well, uhh, forgot about 98 :)

I'd be grateful if you could try it and tell me if it works, then I can update the page.

Paul Martin
04-11-2004, 04:14 PM
I'll give it a whirl and let you know. I'm downloading 1.1 now.

Paul