View Full Version : Reoccuring Network Log On message?

CTSLICK
04-08-2004, 10:26 PM
I have a Dell Axim X5 Adv with Windows Mobile 2003 installed. For some reason I am getting a Network Log On screen that opens up on its own at regular intervals. If my device is off it will wake it up when the screen appears. Happens about every 10 minutes. The contents of the screen are approximately as follows

Network Log On

Resource: Sprint PCS

User Name:

Password:

Can any one tell me why this windows is opening?

For what its worth I am set up to use a BT CF card to connect to my T608...and the connection is name Sprint PCS. I assume that is why the Resource is "Sprint PCS".

Steven Cedrone
04-08-2004, 11:38 PM
Check to see if you have your mail set up to check for new messages every 10 minutes!

Steve

CTSLICK
04-09-2004, 05:05 AM
See...that's what I thought too. I have double and triple checked both the built in Inbox and nPOPw and neither is set up to do this. Could it be that a reg setting got stuck? :evil:

CTSLICK
04-13-2004, 02:24 AM
Found it! Somehow I had Activesync mobile sync set up for every 5 minutes. Must have been click happy and not even realized I had done this.

ctmagnus
04-13-2004, 02:35 AM
Slightly OT:

For the longest time my iPaq would continuously and repeatedly turn on within a minute of being turned off. I finally dug way into the Server tab of ActiveSync, opened Options..., opened the Rules tab and the Sync With Server option was set to Every 5 Minutes (or something other than Manually). I set it to Manually and it's been behaving itself ever since.