View Full Version : Anybody use the Home app?

VisualMonster
04-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Does anybody find the Home application useful? I seem to prefer accessing my programs using the Programs menu option. I was also able to recoop about 250k of space by deleting the 5 backgrounds assigned to Home... these are in Program Files/Home/ if anybody cares. I also don't like that you can't quit the program unless you go into Settings/Memory.

dean_shan
04-08-2004, 08:09 PM
I hate 'Home' with a burning passion.

Jacob
04-08-2004, 08:10 PM
What is the home app? (Yup, I'm the one vote!)

Falstaff
04-08-2004, 10:39 PM
I never use that anymore. When I first got my PPC and before I bought the battery bar (with task switcher) I used it sometimes to close running apps, but as soon as I didn't need that, I stopped using it. Now I have my Inbox mapped to that button.

Stephen Beesley
04-09-2004, 09:13 AM
The Home application on my ol' Jornada does not support backgrounds so I guess it does not take up any of my RAM, but I have never really used the app. Generally I have my home button mapped to Gigatask.

baker
04-09-2004, 03:06 PM
When I first got my e310 I used the home app. To this day I believe it caused the device to lock up, so I don't use it for any reason. Of course, mine is an old one, but it does have the latest EUU..

Zack Mahdavi
04-09-2004, 03:55 PM
I've never heard of this home app... I'm guessing it's some sort of program manager?

Falstaff
04-09-2004, 04:23 PM
I've never heard of this home app... I'm guessing it's some sort of program manager?

Yes, it lists all the default programs and games (I'm sure there's a way to add new ones) in a PalmOS like layout. The main reason I used it though, was because it had a running programs list, from which you can close app. You can get to it sometimes via a hardware button (my e755 has a home button 3rd from left) or by going Start > Programs > Home.

Zack Mahdavi
04-09-2004, 07:27 PM

Yes, it lists all the default programs and games (I'm sure there's a way to add new ones) in a PalmOS like layout. The main reason I used it though, was because it had a running programs list, from which you can close app. You can get to it sometimes via a hardware button (my e755 has a home button 3rd from left) or by going Start > Programs > Home.

Interesting... I'm not seeing that though on my iPaq, so I'm guessing it's just a Toshiba thing?

Kati Compton
04-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Dell has one on the Axims... Well, the X5's anyway.