View Full Version : Inbox Unresolved Item

55Kevy
04-08-2004, 06:33 PM
I've posted on this problem previously and tried the suggestions the one responder offered, to no avail.

When I sync my 2215 with my desktop I now always get a '1 unresolved item' message for the Inbox. When I try to resolve the item I get a message "Cannot convert file att___ The file converter could not read the data from the disk" The file designation "att___" is different every time I attempt a resolution. I've unintalled and reinstalled AS without effect.

This started about 3 weeks ago and has caused real problems syncing my PPC remotely with the desktop when on business travel. Does anyone have insight, or suggest an alternate place to seek help?

Kevin

Gremmie
04-08-2004, 09:15 PM
att files are essentially reference files for attachments, try to sync the inbox but not sync attachments. This can be done by right-clicking the inbox and going to settings. Also, if you don't already, have all of your inbox attachments sync the flash card, if you have one. Or, if you do have your attachments stored on a flash card, have them stored on your PDA. But, those are random suggestions, if you don't have a flash card, don't run out and buy one thinking that it'll solve the problem.

waterboy
04-08-2004, 10:30 PM
I have a similar problem, but with Favorites and Files. I sync with two PC's. One show no unresolved items, the other shows 3 in Favorites & 3 in Files. Right clicking the item and selecting Resolve Items doesn't do anything except cycle through the sync process again, with the same result as before.

Any suggestions for me? :?:

55Kevy
04-09-2004, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, Gremmie. I recognized that the att___ files were attachments. I already sync attachments to an SD card. Unfortunately, not syncing attachments negates one of the most important features of the PPC for me.

Also, I've started on some clean-out of my Inbox and somewhere along the way the unresolved issue cleared. I just wished that I'd noticed which was the offending message(s).

Kevin