View Full Version : Problems with Windows Messenger!

luiskim
04-07-2004, 08:50 PM
As soon as i turn on my computer MSN messenger signs up by itself... it's killing me cause when i'm not home my girlfriend can just log in and use my login in MSN or check my emails...
what can i do to prevent this? i've tried several things but they didn't work...
Thanks

Jimmy Dodd
04-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Under Tools select Options. Go to the General tab and deselect the undesired options under Sign In.

You can also require the password be given everytime you try to connect by selecting "Always ask me..." on the Privacy tab.

David Prahl
04-08-2004, 02:01 AM
Of course MSN is DOWN right now, so it doesn't matter! :roll:

JustinGTP
04-08-2004, 02:17 AM

Its back up now :D

David Prahl
04-08-2004, 02:23 AM

Its back up now :D

Hmmm... Still down for me.

luiskim
04-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Under Tools select Options. Go to the General tab and deselect the undesired options under Sign In.

You can also require the password be given everytime you try to connect by selecting "Always ask me..." on the Privacy tab.

Thanks for the advice... but i've tried all your advices before and they did not work... well... one did... by doing the last one i was able to block my emails... but i do not have the sign in option under General. All i have there is My .Net service display name, My plublick profile and My message text...

Before i used to be able to fix this issue by doing what you told me to do... but is there something wrong with my MSN?

Darius Wey
04-08-2004, 06:06 PM
You can try this:

Start - Control Panel - User Accounts - User Accounts

Select your user account. On the left, there'll be a menu under Related Tasks. Select "Manage my network passwords" and remove your passport from the local memory. This may solve your problem temporarily if all else fails.

Jimmy Dodd
04-08-2004, 07:31 PM

Thanks for the advice... but i've tried all your advices before and they did not work... well... one did... by doing the last one i was able to block my emails... but i do not have the sign in option under General. All i have there is My .Net service display name, My plublick profile and My message text...

Before i used to be able to fix this issue by doing what you told me to do... but is there something wrong with my MSN?

Which version are you running? I'm running 6.1.