View Full Version : Audiovox Thera + PPC USB cable

tvos
04-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Friends,

I would like to order a usb cable for my ppc audiovox thera. I have the cradle but would like to have the usb cable available for using it externally outside my home at friends or clients.

My question here is: do I need active sync loaded on the pc I want to transfer files? If I load active sync on a second pc will it write over my settings for outlook/email etc..etc.? I just want to be able to transfer only data files.

Please advise..

Tvos

Steven Cedrone
04-07-2004, 08:09 PM
You will need activesync to transfer files, but you can set it up to just be a Guest connection - nothing will be sync'd between the device and the PC. Instead of having to install Activesync on these machines, it might be easier to use either an SD card reader (say like a Jumpdrive or Zio) or a Flash Drive.

Steve

tvos
04-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the info. and I appreciate it!

I am looking to purchase the 512 or 1 gig sometime soon in the future for work and personal. The jump/flash drives I've thought about but if I've my ppc it will be used for all my needs - less junk to carry around.

Off the topic - can you suggest Haven't been paying attention to Windows2003 upgrade for phone edition for ppc's. I have a audiovox ppc thera 2032sp - is there a upgrade to 2003 for it?

DW