View Full Version : pocketpc / digital camera

hispanicboy
04-07-2004, 01:40 PM
ok, i have used my ipaq 3835 for a few years now and am looking to upgrade. my question is this... what is the highest resolution digital camera i can get on a pocketpc and or palm? if anyone has any tips or suggestions i would love to hear em. thanks for your time.

[i dont' need bluetooth, or wireless lan support or anything, but it would be nice.]

Aerestis
04-07-2004, 01:59 PM
The highest I have seen is 640*480 and the picture quality is ok. I think it's pretty good anyways. I haven't really spent time with one though, so maybe someone else could give you some better information.

hispanicboy
04-07-2004, 04:31 PM
thanks... also if you guys know of any models that do this well, please list them :) thanks

JustinGTP
04-08-2004, 02:11 AM
I wouldn't recommend a Pocket PC Camera because the quality is not that good and many lack the function of a flash.

For a good digital camera, there are lots of talk over at DMT (http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com). I would get something in the higher MegaPixel range, 3+, and get Optical Zoom, not Digital.

The Pocket PC Cameras only have 1.3MP and no flash, and the Veo camera does have a flash (but there aren't as many options and such that you would get on a really Digital Camera)

Up to you.

Justin.

hispanicboy
04-08-2004, 02:48 PM
thanks for your reply, i actually have a 6.1 megapixel camera (Canon Digital Rebel) but i am still wanting to have some type of camera with me at all times. i know i will be getting poor quality, but still, sometimes that's better than nothing at all. :)

JustinGTP
04-08-2004, 11:25 PM
thanks for your reply, i actually have a 6.1 megapixel camera (Canon Digital Rebel) but i am still wanting to have some type of camera with me at all times. i know i will be getting poor quality, but still, sometimes that's better than nothing at all. :)

Maybe a smaller digital camera? I have a smaller one from Samsung that I am able to take with me. Even lugging around a Pocket PC camera will be annoying, because you would have to keep it in a case separately.

-Justin.