View Full Version : What is BlueTooth good for?!?!?!?

Blue Zero
04-06-2004, 03:30 AM
I got a HP1940 for sometime now... about half a year
And its a really helpful tool to assist my life

But one day I was thinking, what is so useful about having BlueTooth fuction??? I spend an extra $100 for this instead of getting the HP1930...

So I am just wondering can anybody list me some of the useful abilities of BlueTooth?

Like really other than sync'ing my ppc w/ BT... is there other?

pad
04-06-2004, 04:03 AM
A really great thing is calling your Outlook contacts via bluetooth. Of course, your cellphone should be also BT-enabled.

Janak Parekh
04-06-2004, 07:08 AM
Probably the most common use is to have it talk to your cell phone as a wireless Internet solution.

--janak

Stephen Beesley
04-06-2004, 08:42 AM
Probably the most common use is to have it talk to your cell phone as a wireless Internet solution.

--janak

One of the major reasons for buying a new BT enabled mobile phone was just this. Okay so I do not have a BT enabled Pocket PC yet, but......

rhmorrison
04-06-2004, 09:53 AM
What is BlueTooth good for?!?!?!?
The ANSWER says:

It gives your smile that certain something special. A real attractor for the girls. :D

americaneagle
04-09-2004, 05:46 AM
I use it for about everything.

Networking, connecting to my home network and there by connecting to my Dial-Up provider, synching my Desktop, Laptop and PPC, transferring files, etc. etc. etc.

I loveeeeeeeee Bluetooth! :D

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26752

Stik
04-09-2004, 12:46 PM
What is Bluetooth good for?

Well, its great for frustrating Ed and Jason, ( among others ) and makes for very interesting and sometimes heated conversations here on both the pros and cons of the technology.

Couldn't resist. :mrgreen:

americaneagle
04-09-2004, 03:29 PM
What is Bluetooth good for?

Well, its great for frustrating Ed and Jason, ( among others ) and makes for very interesting and sometimes heated conversations here on both the pros and cons of the technology.

Couldn't resist. :mrgreen:

How verrrry true :lol:

jump23
04-13-2004, 04:27 PM
I activesync, file swap, network and print via bluetooth. Also if any one here is interested I am beta testing Warfare Inc.'s multiplayer and that will offer BT connections aswell.

americaneagle
04-13-2004, 05:59 PM
I activesync, file swap, network and print via bluetooth. Also if any one here is interested I am beta testing Warfare Inc.'s multiplayer and that will offer BT connections aswell.

Wow 8O I hadn't even thought of multi-player games. :D Like I said, I loveeee Bluetooth.

Does anyone have any experiance with ProximityMail. The Ping Network idea reallllly sounds brilliant. I think this technology is going to revolutionize Bluetooth.

jump23
05-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Hey just to let everyone know Handmark has released the Warfare Inc. version 1.2. This is the full non beta multiplayer release. You can do multiplayer via Wifi or bluetooth between PPC and Palm.

Jeff Rutledge
05-11-2004, 05:39 PM
I currently have the following Bluetooth enabled devices:
- Bluetooth multiport on my notebook PC
- iPAQ 2215
- Sony Ericsson T68i
- Ericsson HBH-20 Bluetooth headset
- Fortuna Clip-on Bluetooth GPS receiver

I use Bluetooth to perform these tasks several times per week:
- Sync my iPAQ to my notebook
- Connect to the Internet on my iPAQ via my T68i
- Dial a contact on my T68i via my iPAQ

I use Bluetooth to perform these tasks at least once a month:
- Connect to the Internet on my notebook via my T68i
- Driving directions on my iPAQ via my GPS receiver
- Make/receive phone calls on my BT headset

I use Bluetooth to perform these tasks less than once a month:
- Connect my notebook to the GPS receiver

So I'm pretty happy with Bluetooth. It will definitely be in any new device I purchase for the forseeable future.

Having said that, I still use WiFi more as I connect either my notebook or my iPAQ at home to my wireless network almost every day.

jimiswingin
05-11-2004, 06:55 PM
the only thing i use bluetooth for is the cool little blue light that flashes. i enable it just to make it look more cooler.

cheers,
jon

Jeff Rutledge
05-11-2004, 07:03 PM
the only thing i use bluetooth for is the cool little blue light that flashes. i enable it just to make it look more cooler.

cheers,
jon

:rotfl: Well, yeah, of course there's that. :mrgreen:

zilla31
05-11-2004, 07:03 PM
activesync alone is worth it... plus using your bluetooth phone as a modem... very nice.

jimiswingin
05-11-2004, 07:07 PM
no but seriously... i need to buy a new cell phone, and attach it to my verizon plan. any advice on which phones work well with a bt enabled ipaq??

cheers,
jon

zilla31
05-11-2004, 07:37 PM
i have a sony ericsson T610 and it works famously with my 4155.

Janak Parekh
05-13-2004, 02:09 AM
no but seriously... i need to buy a new cell phone, and attach it to my verizon plan. any advice on which phones work well with a bt enabled ipaq??
The problem is not finding a BT phone, but a BT phone that's useable on Verizon. As of this moment, Verizon sells none. :(

--janak

BigCanoe
05-13-2004, 03:20 PM
If I got a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse could I use them with my iPAQ as well as my PC?

jimiswingin
05-13-2004, 04:14 PM
If I got a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse could I use them with my iPAQ as well as my PC?

my guess is no. unless the hardware specifically states that it supports the windows pocket pc platform. i have a tarrus foldable keyboard and its the best accessory i ever bought (for typing notes in college classes). makes carrying around and ipaq, 20x better than a laptop.

cheers,
Jon

Janak Parekh
05-13-2004, 05:09 PM
Only if the iPAQ's Bluetooth profiles support the HID (Human Interface Device). I don't think any do right now, but AFAIK, this is scheduled to change.

--janak

BanjoFrog
05-25-2004, 02:51 AM
My camcorder has Bluetooth... go figure. I guess one of the major selling points in the Japanese market was that you could browse the internet on the flip-out screen if you had another bluetooth device (e.g. cellphone) to connect it to. You cannot, however, use BT to transfer photos or video from the camera, so it's pretty much useless.

americaneagle
05-25-2004, 03:41 AM
Go figure, only in Japan :) :) :)

coointreauman
05-28-2004, 10:14 PM
I use SE t610 and it is brilliant with my IPAQ.

The same cannot be said for any of the BT enabled Nokia phones (including the fantastic 6310i - still, in my opinion the best mobile phione ever built for ts power, standby, robustness etc etc -crap BT though).

The SE Z600 is funky too and is so pretty that I got my G/F..... BT too!

Steve :mrgreen: