View Full Version : Bill Gates is not the richest man in the world anymore...

karinatwork
04-05-2004, 04:55 PM
... now it's the founder of Ikea, Ingvar Kamprad. He has 6 billion more than Gates.

So these two are it, which makes sense, because that's where all my money went since I am old enough to work: computers and Ikea furniture.

:)

Fishie
04-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Yes he is, read this: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/ikea_founder

Zack Mahdavi
04-05-2004, 06:05 PM
I love IKEA..I used to shop there with my family all the time when I lived in Virginia..

But there's no IKEAs in Dallas or Austin... I think one is being built to be opened in 2006.... dang.... I want my IKEA.. :)

Jon Westfall
04-05-2004, 10:55 PM
We need a geek on top.. not Ikea!

Fishie
04-06-2004, 05:56 AM
Gates is still on top, check my link peeps.

In anny case, all this is purely academic as the biggest wealth AND power is shared by a single family in the US, the family that owns Walmart.

Gates is a choirboy compared to these people, they are seriously scary.

Janak Parekh
04-06-2004, 07:03 AM
In anny case, all this is purely academic as the biggest wealth AND power is shared by a single family in the US, the family that owns Walmart.
Yep, and they show no signs of letting up. They've eliminated most competition in the US through insane efficiency (and other, more controversial tactics), and now they're taking over the rest of the world, one piece at a time. 8O

--janak

Aerestis
04-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Yeah, they have significant political power in America and Canada.

Have you ever wondered how high you are on the poorest person alive list?