View Full Version : Avantgo missing after a hard reset on 4155

prototype
04-05-2004, 03:22 PM
Ok I could have sworn I posted a question on this on Friday of last week, but I don't see it...

I recently did a hard reset on my 4155 ... and even though I can select Avantgo in the Sync options ... and it seems to be tranferring something ... there is no Avantgo ICON. 8O

I could swear I read something about this before, but I can't find any old threads. :roll:

I tried a bunch of things, and went into Control Panel to the Avantgo Connect and deleted the connection ... stupidly thinking it would recreate it when I turned Avantgo Sync-ing back on. But it did not. Now I don't even have a connection entry. :cry:

Anyone know how to resolve this?

What are the default hostname for the connection??

-Drew

Don't Panic!
04-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Look in your mobile favorites and see if the Avantgo link is still there. If it is there sync up your device and click on the link. Avantgo will take you through the process of updating your devices software. Use your old account login when you get to that screen and all your links from that account will be restored.

HTH

Don't Panic!
Bobby

prototype
04-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Well the shortcut was there, but it reported that I had no server connection (even though I did).

I found another thread on the Avantgo news group and I downloaded and reinstalled the app from a message there.

After that Active Sync would say, Client component out of date. So I went out to Avantgo's site and found a current download for Pocket PC. After installing that and doing a soft reset it is all back up and running. :D

I am still curious though, I thought that the Avantgo client was part of the ROM ... I know I never installed it when I pulled my unit out of the box. And I KNOW I have hard reset the thing a few times and not had to manually reinstall it. :devilboy:

What gives?? :?:

-Drew

Don't Panic!
04-05-2004, 04:47 PM
I got that message also but only after doing the registry hack with Tweaks2k2 to move Avantgo to a storage card or filestore. Have you ever done that hack? If you have undo that hack then hard reset then move the avantgo folder out of windows to the new location apply the hack again and then in Activesync on your PC under avantgo properties check the box refresh all content at next sync and sync again. If you did the registry hack manually check out PHM's site (http://www.phm.lu/PocketPC/RegTweaks/Tweak.asp?ref=6) for the string you have to change back.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

prototype
04-05-2004, 04:52 PM
While I do have Tweaks installed I never offloaded the content to my SD card ... I only sync a few channels so it was never enough space to warrent moving.

Thanks for the info though.
-Drew