View Full Version : Looking into Pocket PC

prometheus2k1
04-04-2004, 10:59 PM
I am considering getting a pocket pc to use in conjunction with my laptop.
Use Airsnort on my PDA and then have the WEP encryption and use the net with my laptop.

http://www.sharpusa.com/products/ModelLanding/0,1058,1016,00.html

Im considering getting this one here....what do you all think?

Since its a linux based os...will I be able to sync it with my windows machine or not?

Thanks

JohnnyFlash
04-05-2004, 03:00 AM
Prometheus~

This looks like a solid unit to me. I have been told by other hard core Linux users that you should have no problem syncing this PDA with your laptop (as far as the basic built-in apps go).

However, you will want to have your laptop running Linux as well if you want to get the full use of the unit's (PDA'S) syncing capabilities. That is to say, many of the very cool programs that you can purchase / download / use with your PDA, require being installed not only on your PDA, but also on the computer with which you sync. If the OS is different on the PC (thereby preventing installation of the software on both the PDA and your laptop), then you will lose whatever functionality is associated with the two systems communicating with each other through the sync progress (as far as this one program would be concerned).

prometheus2k1
04-05-2004, 04:12 AM
I am a nix noob

I dont know what dist to run I dont know how to compile programs etc

the only thing i know about nix is that is harder and better than windows :)

the only problem is.....I dont have a wireless that nix supports..,...centrino.......I dont know how to port the centrino.......

As soon as I can get the centrino working i will take a looksky

Thanks

Think ill use my SUSE 9.0 pro disc