View Full Version : activesync 4.0?

wesley762
04-02-2004, 06:42 PM
I remember hearing something about it a few months ago about some one beta testing it. don't remember what or who it was but anyone heard anything on it lately?

tvalentin
04-03-2004, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure if this is related. I found this link on smartphonethoughts.com

http://microsoft.sitestream.com/PDC...003/Default.htm

These are the presentations from the PDC last year and one of these presentations talked about the syncronisation that would be built into Longhorn and how good it would be. I would be the same sync engine that ran all your syncronising, offline files, activesync, your portable media centre etc etc.

I can't remember exactely which of the presentations it was, so you may have to browse through them.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Anthony Caruana
04-03-2004, 12:26 PM
I recall a guy going by the handle PetVas posting on it here and at ipaq.net. He works at Microsoft and alluded to some of its features.

I hope We don't have to wait for longhorn given that it will be ibout 24 mths before it sees light of day. Besides, I don't want to have to update my desktop OS just to sync my Pocket PC

petvas
04-03-2004, 01:27 PM
Activesync is under development...
I cannot say much but it will be very much different from 3.xx

wesley762
04-03-2004, 04:09 PM
thanks petvas, I know how those nda's work so I understand. just thought that i would check up on how its coming.

I have done some looking online to fine out and have just not run accross anything.