View Full Version : Windows Media Player stopped working!

campusminister
04-02-2004, 03:49 PM
My windows media player just stopped working. When I tap it in the start menu, the ppc will pause and "Windows Media" will come up in the start position, but it won't start. The same thing happens if I tap on a media file.
I have tried the pIE workaround- click on "welcome.exe" in the windows directory, but it didn't change anything.
I have uninstalled everything. I fear a hard reset is in my near future. Does anyone have a solution?

Todd

Steven Cedrone
04-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Did you try a soft reset?

Steve

Paragon
04-02-2004, 05:36 PM
My windows media player just stopped working. When I tap it in the start menu, the ppc will pause and "Windows Media" will come up in the start position, but it won't start. The same thing happens if I tap on a media file.
I have tried the pIE workaround- click on "welcome.exe" in the windows directory, but it didn't change anything.
I have uninstalled everything. I fear a hard reset is in my near future. Does anyone have a solution?

Todd

Have you by chance installed a version of Fonix? I remember one of their previous versions messing something in the registry under button asignments that caused WMP to quit working. If so let us know, meanwhile I will rack my brain to see if I can remember the hack.

Dave

campusminister
04-05-2004, 12:28 AM
yes- I did several soft resets.

No- I do not have fonix.
Have you remembered the hack?