View Full Version : Gotcha'! April Fools Day!

Jason Dunn
04-01-2004, 08:02 PM
We hope you enjoyed our little April Fools day pranks! ;-) All stories that were April Fools day pranks are now marked as such so you know what to believe and what not to believe. ;-)<br /><br /><b>UPDATE:</b> The logo has been switched back on our server, so if you're still seeing the OQO Thoughts logo, empty your browsers cache (temporary Internet files) or press CONTROL+F5 if you're using Internet Explorer. Special thanks to Fabrizio Fiandanese for creating the great logo!

Computer Ninja
04-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Hee hee hee. I figured it out!

The Delphi thing looks pretty cool, but imagine how "TALL" that thing would actually have to be!!!

Kevin Jackson
04-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Awww, man. Does that mean no OQO? I guess I'll have to blow that five grand on something else. :(

Thanks for all the laughs :way to go: :lol:

duncanhbrown
04-01-2004, 08:09 PM
8O I've always said, if I read it in OQO thoughts, it must be true.

enemy2k2
04-01-2004, 08:10 PM
"All stories that were April Fools day pranks are now marked as such"

you mean every single article that was posted today? :werenotworthy:

would've been interesting to let it go on the entire day with a nice little intermix of real stuff :lol:

ppcsurfr
04-01-2004, 08:13 PM
The Palm Pyre is real!!!

It's real!!!

It's not marked April Fools!!!

It's real!!!

whooh...

Carlo

ppcsurfr
04-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Aw... darn...

someone marked it April Fools...

Carlo

Mitch D
04-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Congrats to Jason and the rest of the team on a great April Fools Day setup. I am sure you got a few people with changes today!!!

ravellar
04-01-2004, 08:27 PM
I guess my last reply was too hard to swallow but it still stands, that I own 5 Pocket PCs and i will sale the all including my ipaq 4100 series when and if this OQO makes it to market.

PhatCohiba
04-01-2004, 08:31 PM
Hey, give us johnny come latelys a chance to see the oqo logos. man I hate that.

Ecks
04-01-2004, 08:40 PM
haaa....well done!

Mojo Jojo
04-01-2004, 08:44 PM
&lt;---- Logo in avatar.

Jason Dunn
04-01-2004, 08:48 PM
you mean every single article that was posted today? :werenotworthy: would've been interesting to let it go on the entire day with a nice little intermix of real stuff :lol:

No real news will ever be posted to a Thoughts Media site until after 12 noon mountain time - it's unfair to mix real news into that!

GoldKey
04-01-2004, 08:48 PM
For even more entertainment, be sure to check out the April Fools jokes on the other Thoughts Media sites as well.

Chris

Jason Dunn
04-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Hey, give us johnny come latelys a chance to see the oqo logos. man I hate that.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/web/oqo-thoughtslogo.gif

powder2000
04-01-2004, 09:01 PM
Ya, the one about bill gates is hillarious!!

Kati Compton
04-01-2004, 10:03 PM
you mean every single article that was posted today? :werenotworthy: would've been interesting to let it go on the entire day with a nice little intermix of real stuff :lol:

No real news will ever be posted to a Thoughts Media site until after 12 noon mountain time - it's unfair to mix real news into that!
EVER? Or just April 1st? :lol:

Jason Dunn
04-01-2004, 10:17 PM
EVER? Or just April 1st? :lol:

That's up in the air right now - we're pondering "Fake Thoughts". :mrgreen:

griph
04-01-2004, 10:22 PM
We hope you enjoyed our little April Fools day pranks! ;-) All stories that were April Fools day pranks are now marked as such so you know what to believe and what not to believe. ;-)

UPDATE: The logo has been switched back on our server, so if you're still seeing the OQO Thoughts logo, empty your browsers cache (temporary Internet files) or press CONTROL+F5 if you're using Internet Explorer. Special thanks to Fabrizio Fiandanese for creating the great logo!

Huh! For those on this side of the pond who were working and only just been able to log on (e.g. me), adding the April Fools to the front of the offending articles takes all the fun out of it! :-) I know its all over by 12 O'Clock but ... I'd forgotten it was April Fools Day - guess who's the April Fool!!!! :oops:

Scott R
04-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Posting these phony April Fools day news stories is childish and unprofessional.

Scott

Mitch D
04-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Posting these phony April Fools day news stories is childish and unprofessional.

Scott

It was only a joke... take a deep breath. Allwork and no fun....

Pat Logsdon
04-01-2004, 11:16 PM

Scott
It was only a joke... take a deep breath. Allwork and no fun....
I think he was making a very dry joke. See the link to his site in his sig. :D

I like the quote ""I like sidetalkin' and I'm not afraid to let the world know," said one user who wished to remain anonymous." :mrgreen:

Lynn
04-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Fooey. And I did so want the squirrel software!

Jonathon Watkins
04-02-2004, 12:06 AM

It's just as well that we are amateurs & big kids then eh Scot! :D

Scott R
04-02-2004, 12:25 AM
I think he was making a very dry joke. See the link to his site in his sig. :D

I like the quote ""I like sidetalkin' and I'm not afraid to let the world know," said one user who wished to remain anonymous." :mrgreen:Thanks Pat. I had too much fun with this today. I think I had a lot more fun with this than I do writing real Zodiac news, though I'm not sure I could come up with original fake news with a Zodiac twist on a daily basis.

Scott

Jason Dunn
04-02-2004, 12:34 AM
Thanks Pat. I had too much fun with this today. I think I had a lot more fun with this than I do writing real Zodiac news, though I'm not sure I could come up with original fake news with a Zodiac twist on a daily basis.

So let me see if I understand this - we're supposed to click on your Web site and see how funny you are before we flame you for acting like a Scrooge on this site? :? Your sense of humour is far, far outside my realm of understanding. I guess we should both be glad I didn't finish my flame - I haven't had my anger buttons pressed like that in a very, very long time Scott.

Besides, I thought your April Fools day joke was to have a Web site that hasn't been updated (http://www.goodthatway.com/) for several months. Guess not.

Scott R
04-02-2004, 02:38 AM
I guess we should both be glad I didn't finish my flame - I haven't had my anger buttons pressed like that in a very, very long time Scott.Boy, for someone who spent the first half of your day posting "fake" news stories, you don't have much of a sense of humor, eh?

Besides, I thought your April Fools day joke was to have a Web site that hasn't been updated (http://www.goodthatway.com/) for several months. Guess not.I'm honored that you keep tabs on it, Jason. I trust you'll let your readers know when it gets going again. :)

Scott

Kati Compton
04-02-2004, 04:05 AM
I guess my last reply was too hard to swallow but it still stands, that I own 5 Pocket PCs and i will sale the all including my ipaq 4100 series when and if this OQO makes it to market.
Your last reply? Given that I'm looking at your post count, and it is "1", I'm not sure where your last reply would be...

Jason Dunn
04-02-2004, 05:35 AM
Boy, for someone who spent the first half of your day posting "fake" news stories, you don't have much of a sense of humor, eh?

Scott, honestly, if you look at the tone of most of your messages on this site, your latest post fit right in with the rest of them, so I had absolutely no reason to think it was funny or amusing.

ravellar
04-02-2004, 04:47 PM
My 1st reply said something to the words of," Ha Ha very funny, When a real OQO site hits the web i will no longer visit pocket pc sites, in fact I will replace all my limited pocket pc devices with real PDA's, like the OQO and all my pocket pc bookmarks and links will be replaces with OQO and a like web site links.

enemy2k2
04-02-2004, 10:30 PM
please don't fight peoples :(