View Full Version : OQO Thoughts!!

Deus
04-01-2004, 01:07 PM
I like that one! What other creative things will we see today?? ;)

rock
04-01-2004, 02:09 PM
SWEET!

It's about time the OQO got the recognition it deserves. :devilboy:

nice_micael
04-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Hey,
i thought this was ppc thoughts?

rock
04-01-2004, 02:56 PM
The OQO is becoming a star:

"The OQO computer will make its first tv show appearance on the Fox series 24. It was filmed last night and will air on episode 20 sometime in April or May. (It could end up in another episode as well.) For those of you who watch the show that will be the 8:00am - 9:00 a.m. episode. It was hard to know how much screen time the OQO will get (probably just a few seconds), but it went off without a hitch and looked very good on camera. The tech/production guys loved it and want to give it a more prominent role (with car mount) next season.

The scene itself involved the bad guy (Steven Saunders) at his command and control desk with multiple monitors and an OQO. One of the monitors has the same image as the OQO. He is on the phone threatening the good guys and using the OQO on the desk. He then removes it from the cradle, looks at a schematic map on the device, finishes the conversation, closes the screen and takes it with him. Apparently he will be using it in the field at the next filming on March 15.

The show CBS CSI: Miami is also looking at adding it in to the end of the season. There will be a new CSI NY series starting in the fall that is very interested in using an OQO as a key part of their investigators' gear.

It's late in the season to be added to a show (filming is generally Sept-mid May) so it's exciting that people are so enthusiastic about the OQO computer that they are including it in at this point. This past Friday I was in the 24 prop guy's office and he decided on the spot to replace a Palm device with the OQO and that's how we ended up filming yesterday.

I'll let everyone know when it is going to air, and I'm going to try to get a copy to put on OQO-work."

http://www.oqo411.com/show/news/3/0/OQO_to_be_used_in_two_TV_shows.html

ironguy
04-01-2004, 04:10 PM
I was aware of this upcoming change to OQO thoughts, but was unable to disclose this information as I was under an NDA. But now that the cat's out of the bag...

I received my prototype OQO 2 months ago and have been playing like crazy! I just received an upgrade that included WIFI support, BT support, IR support, GSM/GPRS, TDMA, CDMA, Linux, Palm, O/S 2, and many others.

This truly is a I-can-do-it-all device.

The best feature, though is the new "nearness awareness". When the OQO is 'near' any other device it can connect to, it will! You can program it to pull data, sync, steal credit card numbers, personal data, etc.

It also has a remote biometric scanner that doesn't read fingerprints, but actually scans your DNA!

The only drawback to the OQO is it's weight. It comes in at a few pounds and really pulls on my leg when in my pocket, just like I'm doing to you! Happy AFD! :lol:

rock
04-01-2004, 04:32 PM
http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102084&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

Great pics.

Pat Logsdon
04-01-2004, 04:32 PM
The only drawback to the OQO is it's weight. It comes in at a few pounds and really pulls on my leg when in my pocket
You'll be happy to know that OQO is planning an "anti-gravity" expansion pack slider for the OQO3. No more weight worries, although you might have to be concerned about creating a black hole where you're standing, as your OQO warps the fabric of the space time continuum. But hey - it's a small price to pay for a great device like the OQO, right?? :mrgreen:

KenClunk
04-01-2004, 07:55 PM
You guys are freaking hilarious. I must say it had me going for a second. Great joke. I thought you were going to say that the Palm is better than PPC next. Ohh man. Hilarious.

JustinGTP
04-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Hey,
i thought this was ppc thoughts?

It is. April Fools day, surely you must have realized this, or were you simply be sarcastic?