View Full Version : Help: using softwares on hp ipaq 19xx

bibo
03-30-2004, 04:11 AM
Hello everyone!!

:roll: I'm a new user on ppc. I don't know anything on it. I just bought a ppc hp1990. When I did ActiveSync a software form my pc to ppc, but I can't use that sotfware on ppc. the massage said that "it is not a valid ppc application". I tried everything, but It doesn't work. if anyone knows, please show me how to use the transfer software on ppc. Thanks

JohnnyFlash
03-30-2004, 04:46 AM
Bibo,

The file you are trying to execute on your PPC is probably the installation file. This file must be run from your PC. It will then be transferred/installed on your PPC. Then you will be able to use Activesync.

To fix this, transfer the file back to your pc, and execute it from there.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, give us more details so we can try to figure your situation out.

bibo
03-30-2004, 07:34 AM
hi Blammage

I did install the software in my pc and It's running fine on my pc, but when I imported the file that contains the application (.exe) to PPC and run it on the PPC, It has a problem, the message on the ppc said that ".exe is not application on ppc". Thanks for your advice. :cry:

omikron.sk
03-30-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure if you know this, but you CANNOT run a regular PC apps on your PPC. This means you need a PPC applications.

Darius Wey
03-30-2004, 02:48 PM
bibo - i believe what you are trying to do is run a pc designed application on your pocket pc. there is no way to do this - you need pocket pc specifically designed software for your pocket pc. if this is a pocket pc software installation file you're talking about, chances are, you need to run it on your pc, which will then activesync the ppc compressed version onto your pocket pc.

hope that helps

bibo
03-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Thanks for all you guy, I'm a new on ppc, so I don't know that I can't use the pc application on ppc. Because I'm a medical student, I just wanted to try a medical application on ppc, can't do that. So if you guy know where I can get medical softwares using on ppc, please tell me. Thanks again. :oops:

Janak Parekh
03-31-2004, 06:11 AM
So if you guy know where I can get medical softwares using on ppc, please tell me. Thanks again. :oops:
If you can tell us what you're looking for, maybe we can help. :)

--janak