View Full Version : Want to Join the Pocket PC Thoughts Review Team?

Jason Dunn
03-30-2004, 04:00 PM
Do you have a talent for writing and a desire to share you opinions with others? If so, you might be just the type of person we're seeking for the Pocket PC Thoughts review team. We're looking for individuals who enjoy trying out new software and hardware for their Pocket PCs, and who are willing to share what they find with our community. Above all, reviewers enjoy writing on a subject they're passionate about – the biggest difference between a Pocket PC Thoughts reviewer and a reviewer from a mainstream publication is a personal commitment and interest in the subject matter.<br /><br />Being on the review team is a volunteer position, but hey, fame and glory last forever right? ;-) Reviewers will have the opportunity to try out the latest Pocket PC software and hardware, and be given an opportunity to share their findings with the greater community. Pocket PC Thoughts is a professional publication with established copy editing and layout procedures, so if you're looking to gain experience as a writer, writing for us is good training.<br /><!><br />In order to qualify for a permanent position on the review team, we're asking those who are interested to write a sample review of a Pocket PC software title or accessory that they own. The review should be between 500 and 1000 words in length, should be of a current product that's available on the market today, and be based on the Thoughts Media Inc. review template (<a href="http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/images/reviewtemplate.doc">DOC</a>|<a href="http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/images/reviewtemplate.pdf">PDF</a>). Reviews will be judged on the quality of writing (spelling, grammar, and terseness), the analytical skills of the reviewer, and the adherence to our template. While we have a talented copy editor to help polish up the reviews, you should submit a review that has been checked over several times for accurate spelling, grammar, and working hyperlinks. Sample reviews should be submitted as a single Word document with embedded images. Be sure to keep the original images in the event that your review is selected for publication (once graphics are embedded into a Word document, they lose quality when extracted).<br /><br />We will be accepting sample reviews up until April 15th, and by May 1st the new members of the Pocket PC Thoughts review team will be announced on the site. Please submit your sample reviews to jason at pocket pc thoughts dot com. If you have any questions that might be relevant to other reviewers, please ask them in this discussion thread. Otherwise, please send me an email, not a private message. Thank you!

bvkeen
03-30-2004, 04:36 PM
I might have an interest in this, Jason. I already maintain a site dedicated to helping PDA users (Pocket PC and Palm) use the devices to better manage their time. The site is called Keen PDA, with url = http://www.dkeener.com/keenstuff/index.html (in case you'd like to check out my writing style). I own several hundred dollars worth of Pocket PC software, and I'm always interested in trying out the new stuff. Plus I get a new PDA at least once a year (and can't wait for some of the new high-res devices to come out, as I love the 320x480 screen of my Palm T3). I currently have a Dell Axim X3i, as well as a Palm T3, but all of my future PDAs will continue to be Pocket PCs.

What sort of time commitment are we talking about with this? You can PM me if desired.

Thanks,
Bruce Keener

dmacburry2003
03-30-2004, 04:45 PM
Sure, I'd try for the job... I just have to think of a software app to review :D

Does anyone provide us with the material that we use to review? Because I don't know about buying a new PPC every couple of months, but software apps I can do 8)

Well, let me see what I should review about... you say it should be 500 or so words, eh? Hmm.... *leaves to ponder*

PS: I am wondering about the commitment as well; as I can dedicate a couple of hours (maybe half an hour to a full one to test something, then like six or seven hours to write the review, possibly more if desired) every week to write a review, but if you are talking every single day 8O

Fishie
03-30-2004, 05:34 PM
If its videogames, im game.
I already write commercially about videogames.

David Prahl
03-30-2004, 05:56 PM
You don't have to be a gadget-plated professional or famous author to join up. We don't need a Gates or Hemingway (but it wouldn't hurt!). I joined the review team when I was 17 with nothing but a Pocket PC, digital camera, and some free time.

When it comes to software and bobbles/bangles/cases, you usually get to keep the product. I still have my sweet Piel Frama leather case...:drool:
Actual PPCs are almost always sent back to the marketing/sales rep they came from.

What do you have to lose? There's no contract or review quota, and you get free stuff.

Robb Bates
03-30-2004, 06:21 PM
I'm there! Count me in. I'm always looking for the latest, greatest, but with the money situation as it is, and when the decision is between eating and getting a new gadget... Well, that's a tough one, but hunger can be a great motivator! :lol:

Robb

clanggedin
03-30-2004, 06:55 PM
I would love a job like this, but I am a crappy writer. I guess you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I just have to think of a product to review. hmmm....

EHenry
03-30-2004, 07:07 PM
This is old hat to existing reviewers, but how exactly do you take a PPC screen shot?

Thanks!

EHenry
03-30-2004, 07:15 PM
I answered my own question pretty quickly, but for anyone else who is trying to take a screen shot...

http://www.pdagold.com/software/detail.asp?s=73

piperpilot
03-30-2004, 07:22 PM
I am definitely interested in doing reviews for the site. I was an English major in college and did a concentration in journalism, so I know how to write and have been published in a national law review. I'm no techie, so my reviews would be from a consumer perspective, but if you're looking for a good writer that has a lot of enthusiasm for Pocket PCs, then I'm the person you want. :D

omikron.sk
03-30-2004, 07:22 PM
This is old hat to existing reviewers, but how exactly do you take a PPC screen shot?

Thanks!
I'm not a reviewer, but it can be done thru ActiveSync Remote Display (included in PPC developer powertoys by Microsoft).

David Prahl
03-30-2004, 07:23 PM

There are many free PPC programs that make it easy. My X5 came with one, but I prefer using "Pocket Controller". It lets you see your PPC screen on your PPC, which is much easier (and doesn't involve a timer or mapped button). A free 3 day trial should work for getting your first review done. PPCT reviewers get a full copy of Pocket Controller when they come aboard. :wink:

NEED AN IDEA?
Some of you might find Clickgamer's new "Eggstreme: Yolk's Revenge" (free!) interesting. It's a great game, and a review would be pretty straight-forward.
http://www.clickgamer.com/

Free Screen Capture App
http://www.pocketpccity.com/software/pocketpc/CECapture-2002-1-25-ce-pocketpc.html

omikron.sk
03-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Hey, Jason (or anybody who can answer this).

I don't want to became a regular reviewer (or something like that), but if I buy a new gadget, application or whatever and I feel I want to share my opinions and impressions with others via review, what should I do? Send it to you (perhaps written in that template)? Post it to forums? Or...what?

Thank you for your answer.

Pat Logsdon
03-30-2004, 08:15 PM
I don't want to became a regular reviewer (or something like that), but if I buy a new gadget, application or whatever and I feel I want to share my opinions and impressions with others via review, what should I do? Send it to you (perhaps written in that template)? Post it to forums? Or...what?
I'd definitely post it to the forums. If it garners enough interest from forum members, one of us may pick it up and post a link to it on the front page.

x999x
03-30-2004, 08:16 PM
Do you have a talent for writing and a desire to share you opinions with others?

Pocket PC Thoughts is a professional publication with established copy editing and layout procedures, so if you're looking to gain experience as a writer, writing for us is good training.

I hate when spellcheck says there are no errors :T We actually force our Copy Editor to read our reviews now, so grammar is never overlooked.

omikron.sk
03-30-2004, 08:20 PM
I'd definitely post it to the forums. If it garners enough interest from forum members, one of us may pick it up and post a link to it on the front page.
OK, thanks a lot. Exactly what I wanted to know.
(wooooow, 15 minutes - that's what I call a quick reply).

Pat Logsdon
03-30-2004, 08:28 PM
No problem - I practically live here. I have a sleeping bag in the Q&A forum (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=43), where it's nice and quiet. :twisted:

omikron.sk
03-30-2004, 08:40 PM
No problem - I practically live here. I have a sleeping bag in the Q&A forum (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=43), where it's nice and quiet. :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: ( 8O 8 minutes - you're getting even faster).

BTW: waiting for HP Micro Keyboard for h2200 and h4100 series (it takes a while to arrive here in Slovakia), be prepared for a huge review. :wink:

Kowalski
03-30-2004, 09:20 PM
this compatition seems to be a good one. i've always wanted to do something like this.
but since most of attenders live outside US, there will be lots of people on software testing

Ryan Joseph
03-30-2004, 09:25 PM
I'm definately going to give this a shot! I love writing in all shapes and forms. I work in public relations and have had news releases published in several local newspapers, I write fiction in my spare time, and I've even written product reviews for a friend's web site.

And as much as I love writing, I love Pocket PCs even more. I visit PPCT several times a day so that I'm always up-to-date with the PPC world.

I'm very excited about this opportunity! :D

OSUKid7
03-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Cool. :) I just got some new PPC freeware and think I'll send in a review.

Jason Dunn
03-30-2004, 10:15 PM
What sort of time commitment are we talking about with this? You can PM me if desired.

In general, the time commitment is one review every 6-8 weeks. So not too strenuous, but a certain level of activity is part of being on the team. ;-)

Jason Dunn
03-30-2004, 10:16 PM

Submit a game review then and we'll see what happens. ;-)

Jason Dunn
03-30-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm no techie, so my reviews would be from a consumer perspective, but if you're looking for a good writer that has a lot of enthusiasm for Pocket PCs, then I'm the person you want. :D

You absolutely do NOTneed to be techie to review for our site, so I look forward to your review. :-)

Jason Dunn
03-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Do you have a talent for writing and a desire to share you opinions with others?

Pocket PC Thoughts is a professional publication with established copy editing and layout procedures, so if you're looking to gain experience as a writer, writing for us is good training.

I hate when spellcheck says there are no errors :T We actually force our Copy Editor to read our reviews now, so grammar is never overlooked.

Yeah, no doubt. :roll: We have a copy editor to check our reviews, but not our daily posts. ;-) I see the error in the first post ("you" instead of "your"), but what's wrong with the second one? It's not a stellar example of prose by any means, but I don't see any technical problems with it...(I'm the worst of proofing my own work, as are most of us).

carbonbased
03-30-2004, 10:34 PM
Do future reviewers need to be in a specific country or continent? I'm in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. will that be a problem?

Jason Dunn
03-30-2004, 10:36 PM
I'm very excited about this opportunity! :D

And I'm excited about growing our already awesome review team! :way to go: I look forward to your review.

Just an FYI for everyone though: I expect nothing less than the best from myself and the other people on this site, so it's best to really get your game on when submitting your trial review. Details matter, because if we have to spend significant resources on hammering your review into shape from a template and writing point of view, the means we're not spending those resources on

You'll also get a chance to work with Doug Raeburn, our awesomely dedicated Review Coordinator, and my razor-sharp copy editor wife. ;-)

Jason Dunn
03-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Do future reviewers need to be in a specific country or continent? I'm in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. will that be a problem?

No, reviewers can be anywhere in the world. There may be issues with vendors not wanting to ship review hardware to certain places in the world simply due to cost, but in 90% of the cases, it doesn't matter where you are. ;-)

David Prahl
03-30-2004, 10:50 PM
You also get a chance to learn some more advanced photo editing techniques.
http://www.christianfamilyradio.net/mac_temp_junk/sam2.jpg

Jason Dunn
03-30-2004, 10:51 PM
You also get a chance to learn some more advanced photo editing techniques...

Oh my David 8O ...I think I may need to reconsider your review team membership... :lol:

dmacburry2003
03-31-2004, 01:01 AM
You also get a chance to learn some more advanced photo editing techniques...

Oh my David 8O ...I think I may need to reconsider your review team membership... :lol:
:rofl:

Altaman
03-31-2004, 01:03 AM
Hummm!

Well I have had comments on my writing abilities from coworkers as well as my wife, being mostly postive comments at that 8O .

I would be glad to put my writing ability to the test by submitting a review of one of my recently acquired PPC additions, all I ask is that even if I am not chosen to write reviews would it be possible to give positive/negative feed back on the submitted sample article?

Thanks for the offer and you will be hearing from me soon!

Alt

piperpilot
03-31-2004, 01:03 AM
I'm definately going to give this a shot!

Better get that spell checker going. It's "definitely"

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Jason Dunn
03-31-2004, 01:14 AM
I would be glad to put my writing ability to the test by submitting a review of one of my recently acquired PPC additions, all I ask is that even if I am not chosen to write reviews would it be possible to give positive/negative feed back on the submitted sample article?

Certainly. For those that know me, feedback, both positive and negative, is something that I'm not shy about giving out. ;-)

yawanag
03-31-2004, 01:40 AM
Most of the comments I read emphasized the writing aspect. I love writing too, but, knowing myself as good as I do I've downloaded software I thought I couldn't live without and two days later ask myself what did I see in this?

No one mentioned it so I guess I will. I'd also be concerned if I had the memory to run some software. Would you get to choose the software or would it be one posted to the site and then you review it?

Anthony Caruana
03-31-2004, 02:24 AM
Wow - what a fantastic response.

As a result of writing for PPCT and developing confidence and belief in my abilities to write stuff others might like to read I am now doing some paid, freelance writing.

For those with dreams of writing for a living this is a great way to develop your craft and to get some exposure.

Welcome aboard! Enjoy the ride.

Zack Mahdavi
03-31-2004, 02:35 AM
I am definitely interested in writing a review. I recently posted my thoughts on the Sena 4155 case a while back, but I will work on something professional.

Okay, I've decided. I'll review PocketMac.

NickE740
03-31-2004, 02:39 AM
Is there an age requirement? :?:

rfsjr
03-31-2004, 03:10 AM
I spend much time using different PPCs. Currently, I am working with COMP USA to establish a user group in my area. Writing is, well, something I rather enjoy, especially when I can show others how to make the best use of a Pocket PC. I use several different PPCs per year. In fact, my whole family is involved...we each have an Ipaq 2215, or Ipaq 4155, and that's the fourth wave. (We still have our first PDA's....HP Jornada 520's, Toshiba e570, Toshiba e335's, Toshiba e740, Audiovox Maestro 1032....yes, we are into the computing world.) Looking forward to purchasing a New Toshiba e805 this week! If I can help, it'd be a happy volunteer I'd be. Count me in!

Anthony Caruana
03-31-2004, 03:35 AM

I beleive that you need be of some age! The current review team has a broad range of age groups from early 20's to ....

Steven Cedrone
03-31-2004, 03:59 AM

I beleive that you need be of some age! The current review team has a broad range of age groups from early 20's to ....

David was 17 in October of last year, he may be 18 now. I think he is currently the youngest...

Steve

Ryan Joseph
03-31-2004, 04:53 AM
Better get that spell checker going. It's "definitely"

Thanks for catching that. I actually submitted that post from my PPC Phone and Transcriber isn't one hundred percent reliable. :roll:

Any official reviews I were to write would be written on my PC where Word spell checks as you type. :wink:

Zack Mahdavi
03-31-2004, 05:48 AM
Just submitted mine! Let's see if I get the position... *crosses fingers*

Jason Dunn
03-31-2004, 06:07 AM
No one mentioned it so I guess I will. I'd also be concerned if I had the memory to run some software. Would you get to choose the software or would it be one posted to the site and then you review it?

Reviewers get to choose the software they want to review. In terms of memory requirements, most applications can be installed to memory cards, so it's not much of an issue. ;-)

Jason Dunn
03-31-2004, 06:08 AM
As a result of writing for PPCT and developing confidence and belief in my abilities to write stuff others might like to read I am now doing some paid, freelance writing.

You're our poster boy success story! :way to go:

Jason Dunn
03-31-2004, 06:09 AM

Nope. If you have the writing skills I'm looking for, it doesn't matter if you're 10 or 100. ;-)

Falstaff
03-31-2004, 07:06 AM
Jason, just out of curiosity, why are you opening up this "contest" for new writers? I didn't see that anywhere in this thread, so I thought I'd ask. Is it just an attempt to bring in more guys, or is your current staff swamped dealing with your 3 sites? Just thought I'd ask, as this seems out of the norm for how you choose review team members.

Janak Parekh
03-31-2004, 07:16 AM
Jason, just out of curiosity, why are you opening up this "contest" for new writers?
Actually, unless I misunderstood you, Jason's done this before (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4514). :)

--janak

omikron.sk
03-31-2004, 07:19 AM
Jason (or anybody),

does this <u>all</u> mean we can look forward to TWO (THREE, FOUR, ...) TIMES MORE reviews?

Fishie
03-31-2004, 07:34 AM

Submit a game review then and we'll see what happens. ;-)

Are links to stuff I did previously good enough for ya?

ussualy i get payed to write so i dont feel like wasting my time for free if i dont even know if it will be published :twisted:

Anthony Caruana
03-31-2004, 10:01 AM

But man...the staples from the centerfold really hurt ;-)

Pat Logsdon
03-31-2004, 03:47 PM
But man...the staples from the centerfold really hurt ;-)
Aaaaarrggghhh! :twak: :mrgreen:

bvkeen
03-31-2004, 04:26 PM

In general, the time commitment is one review every 6-8 weeks. So not too strenuous, but a certain level of activity is part of being on the team. ;-)

Count me in Jason. I'll look at existing reviews to see if anything is missing compared with what I own and like.

Bruce

Jason Dunn
03-31-2004, 06:39 PM
Is it just an attempt to bring in more guys, or is your current staff swamped dealing with your 3 sites? Just thought I'd ask, as this seems out of the norm for how you choose review team members.

This is the second "call for reviewers" we've done on the site, as Janak pointed out. We're adding more reviewers to the team to ensure that we have a constant stream of reviews ready to go, although I don't think we'll do more than three a week - I think that's plenty.

Jason Dunn
03-31-2004, 06:46 PM
Are links to stuff I did previously good enough for ya?ussualy i get payed to write so i dont feel like wasting my time for free if i dont even know if it will be published :twisted:

Yes, I'd still need a sample review formatted to match the template, because being a great writer isn't the only thing we're looking for. We also need people who are detailed oriented enough to follow the template. Some people are amazing writers but rely heavily on editors to clean up their work and make it presentable, and we don't have the resources to do that. So one of the things writers are judged on is how closely they can follow the template formatting.

Since you're a professional writer who gets paid for his work, this may not be the best fit - I no longer write for free myself either, so I don't want to insult you by asking you to write for free if it's a career for you. :-)

Kevin Jackson
04-01-2004, 03:03 AM
Hey Jason,

Nobody else has asked this (that I've seen), but I was wondering if I wrote a review that was pertinent to both PPCT and DMT could I submit the same sample to try out for both "jobs"?

BTW-If it helps, if you pick me, I'm really good at groveling.

:werenotworthy:

:D

Altaman
04-01-2004, 05:22 AM
Well there sent off my sample review...Can't believe how when you have not written for a while how tough it is to get a good "flow" going!

Thanks for the opportunity to submit Jason, hope that you enjoy the mini review (surprising how fast you can use up 1000 words)!

Take care all and good luck!

Alt

Jason Dunn
04-01-2004, 05:44 AM
Nobody else has asked this (that I've seen), but I was wondering if I wrote a review that was pertinent to both PPCT and DMT could I submit the same sample to try out for both "jobs"?

Yes, once you're on one Thoughts Media review team, you're on all of them. ;-)

Steven Cedrone
04-04-2004, 07:07 AM
Discussion about E3 has been moved here! (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26558&highlight=)

Steve

Altaman
04-17-2004, 03:31 PM
Well now that the submissions have closed, it is now the waiting game...Jason since you live in Calgary as well, maybe I could influence the decision by buying my way in :lol:

Well in preparation for me being one of the newest reviewer members (yes I am a confident person) :wink: , I am starting a review of my newest addition to my PDA things....the ProClip PDA holder/car mount!

I would like to thank all the voting members of the academy for this prestigious privilege, my family, the directors and other cast members!

opps wrong award :( ! Thanks again.

Alt

Zack Mahdavi
04-29-2004, 04:03 AM
May 1st is quickly coming up! Have the new reviewers been picked?

Ryan Joseph
05-01-2004, 04:51 PM
Well, it's the first now...noon and still no front page posting. I guess it should be soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :worried: :mrgreen:

Kacey Green
05-01-2004, 06:44 PM
he still has a few more hours

Ryan Joseph
05-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Indeed. I wonder what that means.

Does it mean that they got so many sample reviews that they're having trouble reading through them all? 8O

Or does it mean that they got one too many reviews and are having trouble deciding which one person to eliminate? :wink:

Whether I'm picked or not, I do look forward to seeing more reviews on this site! :mrgreen:

Kacey Green
05-01-2004, 09:47 PM
Indeed. I wonder what that means.

Does it mean that they got so many sample reviews that they're having trouble reading through them all? 8O

Or does it mean that they got one too many reviews and are having trouble deciding which one person to eliminate? :wink:

Whether I'm picked or not, I do look forward to seeing more reviews on this site! :mrgreen:

now you've made me parinoid,

maybe it's all my fault :bangin:

i look foward to the reviews and the decision in the opposite order :lurking:

Kacey Green
05-01-2004, 09:51 PM
I wonder if they will post our entry reviews after they have made their decisions.

If they do I wonder if they will post all the entries.

Ryan Joseph
05-01-2004, 09:56 PM
maybe it's all my fault

Yeah, one of the reviews was so dumb and funny that they can't stop laughing long enough to post the winners. :iamwithstupid:

I wonder if they will post our entry reviews after they have made their decisions.

That'd be really cool. It's sure a great way to post a bunch of reviews. Maybe not on the front page, but at least in the forums. I'd be really curious to see what products others reviewed for their sample.

Kacey Green
05-01-2004, 10:18 PM
maybe it's all my fault

Yeah, one of the reviews was so dumb and funny that they can't stop laughing long enough to post the winners. :iamwithstupid:

Words can't even describe how much that hurt. Ouch! :jawdrop: :bawl:

Ryan Joseph
05-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Dude, it was a joke. I didn't mean you personally. I'm just trying to come up with all the silly reasons I can as to why the winners haven't been posted yet.

Maybe it's my review that's slowing the whole thing down. 8O

Now I'm making myself paranoid. I think I'll just wait and see what happens.

Seriously, I'm sorry if I offended you. It was meant as a joke, but if that's not how you took it, then it's my fault for wording it badly.

If we're both picked, I look forward to working with you in the future!

c38b2
05-01-2004, 11:16 PM
It's both your reviews. So there. :lol:

Ryan Joseph
05-02-2004, 03:30 AM
Well, only an hour and a half left here...but I'm on the East coast and PPCT seems to be on Central time. So two and a half hours. :lol:

I hope they post something today...the suspence is killing me! :puppydogeyes:

Zack Mahdavi
05-02-2004, 03:52 AM
Argg... the waiting is killing me! :)

This is worse than waiting for a new Pocket PC to arrive via UPS Ground.....

Ryan Joseph
05-02-2004, 03:59 AM
I've been checking the site every hour or so all day! And I just might stay up until 1 (which would be midnight Central) to see if they post anything. I can't bear going to sleep tonight not knowing anything.

They'll post it overnight and I'll feel like I missed it. :roll:

And I feel your pain about waiting for UPS. I buy all my devices online, so I know exactly what it's like to wait...checking the tracking number daily...yeah, I don't like waiting. :mrgreen:

I wonder how many new reviewers they're adding............

Kacey Green
05-02-2004, 04:56 AM
Dude, it was a joke. I didn't mean you personally. I'm just trying to come up with all the silly reasons I can as to why the winners haven't been posted yet.

Maybe it's my review that's slowing the whole thing down. 8O

Now I'm making myself paranoid. I think I'll just wait and see what happens.

Seriously, I'm sorry if I offended you. It was meant as a joke, but if that's not how you took it, then it's my fault for wording it badly.

If we're both picked, I look forward to working with you in the future!

I knew you were joking, but you hit me personally, but I'm a big boy I can take it. Yes I'm hoping to be working w/ you soon.

Kacey Green
05-02-2004, 05:50 AM
well he's still up and posting on DMT and according to whoever said he's on central time that gives him ~15min

but its his site and we can't make him move any faster,

or perhaps he forgot 8O

Jason Dunn
05-02-2004, 06:19 AM
Holy crap guys! Calm down! :lol:

I have a whole lot of reviews to look over, and a big personal change is coming on Monday so I have to be honest here and say that right now getting through those reviews isn't my #1 priority.

Rest assured I will get to your reviews as soon as I can, but I'll be announcing the new review team members in my own time. ;-)

Kacey Green
05-02-2004, 06:30 AM
Holy crap guys! Calm down! :lol:

I have a whole lot of reviews to look over, and a big personal change is coming on Monday so I have to be honest here and say that right now getting through those reviews isn't my #1 priority.

Rest assured I will get to your reviews as soon as I can, but I'll be announcing the new review team members in my own time. ;-)

Jason, would you mind if we asked you what the personal change is?

Guys, like I said it's his site, his time.
c38b2, you were right: Like we all feared, There were lots of entries.

Good night! yawn :sleeping:

Jason Dunn
05-02-2004, 06:39 AM
Jason, would you mind if we asked you what the personal change is?

You'll find out on Monday. :alfdance:

I'm honoured by all the excitement though - it makes me happy knowing that the thought of writing for Pocket PC Thoughts is coveted thing. :mrgreen:

Zack Mahdavi
05-02-2004, 06:51 AM
I'm honoured by all the excitement though - it makes me happy knowing that the thought of writing for Pocket PC Thoughts is coveted thing. :mrgreen:

It absolutely is... Having the honor of writing reviews for it would be a great way for me to contribute to this wonderful site.

Anyway, I'll be waiting on Monday.. :)

Kacey Green
05-02-2004, 12:22 PM
Jason, you've added more fuel to my PPCT addiction with this secrecy now I'll be hovering around the site even longer.

Can you tell us if it will be on the front page? or is that part of the secret?

Ryan Joseph
05-02-2004, 01:29 PM
See, I knew it would happen this way. I went to sleep and missed the fun. Wow, you guys were up late.

And I'll be waiting for Monday, too. Sadly, I have to go to class and work on Monday, so I won't be able to check the site as often as I did yesterday. But, I'll check it every chance I get...I do have a PPC Phone. :mrgreen:

And writing for PPCT is a very coveted thing. We all love this site and this community and the chance to become a part of the team is thrilling! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kacey Green
05-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Wow, you guys were up late.

And I'll be waiting for Monday, too. Sadly, I have to go to class and work on Monday, so I won't be able to check the site as often as I did yesterday. But, I'll check it every chance I get...I do have a PPC Phone. :mrgreen:

And writing for PPCT is a very coveted thing. We all love this site and this community and the chance to become a part of the team is thrilling! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yes we were

Ditto everything but the PPC Phone, crappy sprint/keyocera phone, probably why I'm not a very active member of the SPT community, it doesn't have a data plan or Blutooth :evil:

Altaman
05-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Hey Jason:

Don't worry take your time deciding as we all no that I am going two win whith my xcellant righting and spealling and four thoughs of you who want lessens I will gladly assist you in teeching all that I no so you you will be able to right as good as me. :wink:

Seriously good luck again to everyone and no matter what, I look forward to reading some really excellent articles from all the newest writers.

Alt

Jason Dunn
05-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Yes, my news will be on the front page. But I'll never get to it if you keep pulling me back to this thread. :lol:

Kati Compton
05-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Yes, my news will be on the front page. But I'll never get to it if you keep pulling me back to this thread. :lol:

"Santa can't come until you get in bed and go to sleep!"

Janak Parekh
05-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Jason, you've added more fuel to my PPCT addiction with this secrecy now I'll be hovering around the site even longer. Can you tell us if it will be on the front page? or is that part of the secret?
I hate to let you down, but it's not some huge secret like Jason is packing up PPCT and moving to Florida or something. ;) PPCT will still be here on Monday -- and so will Jason.

--janak

Ryan Joseph
05-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Well, this is the first chance I've had to check the site...no news yet. I'm leaving for class in half an hour or so...so it'll be 4 or 5 before I can check it again.

(Yes, I know I said I can check it on GPRS, but there's no signal anywhere in school. I think they do it on purpose. :wink: )

Altaman
05-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Well been almost a week (6 days, 16 hours and 43 minutes) :( from the time the announcement of the newest reviewers were originally going to be announced....Any word on when we can expect the announcement?

Alta

Jason Dunn
05-07-2004, 02:17 AM
Well been almost a week (6 days, 16 hours and 43 minutes) :( from the time the announcement of the newest reviewers were originally going to be announced....Any word on when we can expect the announcement?

Often in life, the more you ask for things, the less likely they are to happen. :-)

Kacey Green
05-07-2004, 02:29 AM
Stop bugging the man you're pissing him off, and he dosen't like whiners

Pony99CA
05-07-2004, 12:20 PM

Most likely they won't. When the original Review Team was created, they didn't post all of the entries.

Steve

Kacey Green
05-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Most likely they won't. When the original Review Team was created, they didn't post all of the entries.

Steve

Did they post any?
If so would you mind posting a link or too?

Janak Parekh
05-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Did they post any?
If so would you mind posting a link or too?
If the reviews made the frontpage, no distinction was made between them and the post-appointment reviews; in fact, I wouldn't be able to tell what the breakdown was either. You can see reviews the team has written on our Article page...

--janak

Pony99CA
05-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Did they post any?
I have no idea. All I know is that they didn't post my review of Emerald Hunt (http://review.svpocketpc.com/emeraldhunt/EmeraldHunt.html).

If they did post some of the entries, I certainly don't recall them being labelled as such. If you're curious, check the reviews (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=get_type_titles,1) from November 2002 and later to see if any of them are listed as being entries. You'll see they published a lot of reviews in January and February 2003, and I bet some of them were entries.

Steve

Kacey Green
05-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Thanks Janak and Pony