View Full Version : Deciding upn an SD Card

yawanag
03-29-2004, 04:21 AM
I was one of the unfortunate ones that had my SD Card wiped out when I upgraded to WM2003. While I am waiting for a replacement device, I thought I'd look into another SD Card. (I'm scared to use the same one even if I fomatted it.) so I have a few questions. It seems like it's going to be a while before I will be able to get the XDA II so I'm hanging in with the one I've got for now.

What I'd like to know is what you guys think the best quality SD Card is. I've been using Sandisk 128 MB for a year. Never had any trouble and I'm an install and delete junkie.

Since I'm looking for a new one I've noticed that they have a Sandiskj Ultra II. Is that any better or faster?

Also, I've held off getting a 256 MB card because with 32 MB main memory, why bother?

Is PNY or Viking better thas Sandisk?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jon Westfall
03-29-2004, 04:41 AM
I've just heard generally bad things about Sandisk. My cards are lexar's and 1 256mb kingston which I use the most. No problems with them. It seems Sandisks have an odd tendency to wipe themselves, or atleast that's what I've read.

shawnc
03-29-2004, 04:00 PM
I've had so many sandisk cards (both SD and CF) that I've lost count. Nary a problem with any of them. I just picked up the 1GB Sandisk SD and it is NOTICABLY faster. Again, no problems so far.

I've got a 512MB that is fairly new and a 128MB that has been used MAYBE twice. PM me if you're interested in purchasing either.

Kadegboye
04-01-2004, 06:25 AM
I have 256 MB SanDisk - the only one I have. What I noticed is that the card has a mechanism of rearranging any material that is saved on it. After recording, it is usually difficult to retreive any large material that has been recorded. However, if you leave it for a day, you will be able to access all the materials you've saved on it but under different headings. I don't know why it acts like that.
Kay.

mty
04-01-2004, 05:33 PM
I was one of the unfortunate ones that had my SD Card wiped out when I upgraded to WM2003. While I am waiting for a replacement device...

Did TMobile agree to send you a new device based on the SD card wipe out? Who did you have to talk to?

mty