View Full Version : Adress book not the same

Dolphin
03-27-2004, 10:26 AM
I might be stupid but, has anybody had this problem? When you open someone’s info in the address book in 2003, you can't close it without pulling out the stylus and tapping the ok button. Not to good when your driving! This never happened in the 2002 version. It's that way on all the ones in the stores too.

Am I missing something?

Wiggin
03-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Dolphin,
You are describing a "feature", not a problem. :roll:
Who knows why the MS programmers made many of the questionable decisions that are all over WM2003?.... :silly:

If you would like to close contact records without using the stylus, you can reprogram one of your buttons to perform the OK/close action.
For example, I have reprogrammed Button 5 (on the side of my PPC) to perform OK/Close rather than the default action [start the voice recorder]. An added benefit of this is that when the PPC is off, pushing the button turns the PPC on and takes you to the Today screen, which is easier than using the power button on my 4150.

Start/Settings/Personal/Buttons will take you where you need to go.
:way to go:

Dolphin
03-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Thanks Wiggen!

That will solve the problem for me! Great idea!

By the way what do you think is the best "desktop", (I forget what the applications are called), for the PPC. I need to have something where I can change the screen brightness with out having to dig thru Start/Settings/system/Backlight all the time.